Are you multi-lingual, and able to speak Spanish at business level?
Are you a qualified (WSET) and experienced brand manager?
Do you have an excellent understanding of the UK wine market (RTM, On + Off trade)?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading Wine Distributor on the search for a Brand Manager. This is a permanent role based in London.
As the Brand Manager you will manage the relationship with producers in our portfolio as well as working closely with the sales to team to help facilitate the sales of the wines.
- Managing all UK and Ireland market activity for the relevant countries in the portfolio
- All producer information, (vintage updates, pricing changes, wine technical information, new product releases, label changes) to ensure that all branded company material (website, fact sheets, booklets, education material) is accurate and up to date
- Depletions reporting to key estates
- Organising visits to key regions for trade customers with the aim of maximising commercial success
- UK visits for key estates, ensuring time in trade is used to maximum potential
- Stock control with Supply Planning - from allocations of high value sought after wines, to forecasting for high volume house wines
- For the larger producers, create and execute brand plans and commercial and marketing strategy
- Spending time in the field with the Sales team helping them sell and promote the relevant countries from the portfolio to their customer base
- Collaboration on producer specific activity at their customers (Producer dinners, tastings, sponsorships), or category specific activity (Regional focusses, events, promotions)
- Working with the Events team to deliver meaningful Producer events (vertical tastings, product launches, masterclasses)
- Working with relevant generic organisations (Burgundy, BIVB, Wines of Rioja etc.) to leverage their support, ensuring the activity has good potential ROI
- Consumer activity - support at events such as DFWE, The Wine Gang, for relevant producers
- Assisting with negotiation of contracts and pricing for key customers
- Managing locally based representatives from producers to ensure they are used effectively
- Work with Buying to ensure the portfolio is profitable and continues to improve and develop
- Analyse sales results to ensure sales trends are captured and acted upon
- Work with Buying to be the internal point of reference for the relevant countries
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years' wine trade experience
- Languages fluent to business level Spanish required. Other European languages beneficial
- Commercial awareness, with the ability to act on insights which will positively impact sales
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively via email and in person
- Industry knowledge and understanding of routes to market, and on and off-trade, commercial understanding of the UK wine business
- WSET qualified (Diploma required)
- Experience in supplier management working professionally with people of different cultures
- Good IT knowledge including powerpoint and Excel (pivot tables / look ups)
- Ability to manage sensitive situations and different personality types, and exercise diplomacy
On offer is a Competitive Salary + Benefits.
Please contact Geoff Bowman today for further information