Business Development Manager - Exclusive Brands
Do you want to work for the UK's fastest growing drinks retailers?
Are you passionate about premium drinks and cocktail culture?
Do you have experience working in the grocery channel?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading B2B / B2C drinks retailer on the search for an Business Development Manager. This is a permanent role based in London.
As the Business Development Manager you will be responsible for the growth of our exclusive distribution brands by driving sales into both the on and off trade.
- Communicating the unique stories of our exclusive distribution brands to internal stakeholders: the sales teams, the marketing team and heads of other internal brands
- Thinking creatively about sales strategy for our unique portfolio of exclusive products: Should this product be stocked in grocery? Which premium Mayfair venues would be interested? Or perhaps it's more suitable for niche off-trade venues such as the National Trust? Do we need to work with a wholesaler to increase scale? You'll be making these types of strategic decisions on a daily basis
- Working with our sales team to sell exclusive brands into premium central London venues including Chiltern Firehouse, Annabels and Soho House
- Working with the head of our luxury arm to sell exclusive brands into smaller London and nationwide venues
- Working alongside the MD to pitch into grocers, cultural events (e.g. opera festivals, sports events, theatre) and other unusual routes to market
- Identifying opportunities (or the necessity) for marketing activity to support brand rollout e.g. events, sponsorship, point of sale or an immersive above the line campaign!
- Communicating with brands on progress. They've trusted us with their baby, so it's crucial you keep them regularly updated and reassured that they're in safe hands
What we are looking for:
- Have 5+ years in a sales or business development role
- Have an understanding of - and passion for - premium drinks and cocktail culture
- Have experience selling into a grocer and/or a network of relevant connections (preferred)
- Be comfortable with commercial negotiation and relationship management
- Be comfortable operating in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Be self-driven, able to build and deliver their own business development pipeline
- Be extremely articulate, as a representative of the brand
- Be performance focused - driven and motivated by surpassing targets
This is a great opportunity for a Business Development Manager to deliver a pipeline, immerse yourself in the heart of the drinks industry and sell into premium grocery.
Salary available is up to £40k + commission + benefits.
Please contact Geoff Bowman today for further information.