Are you an experienced Business Development Manager?
Are you able to effectively manage P&L of retail sites?
Can you understand, motivate and get the best out of operators?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading Leisure and Hospitality Operator on the search for a Business Development Manager. This is a permanent role based in South West Scotland.
As the Business Development Manager you will be responsible for a medium sized estate of ~25 primarily wet led leased pubs.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both face to face and over the phone with all tenants whilst inspiring and developing them to drive success
- Build relationships with tenants to facilitate effective and successful business development for both parties
- Financial planning and budgeting for the area
- Carrying out Due Diligence checks to ensure all units are compliant with relevant legislation
- Analyze all reports in order to identify key priorities and opportunities within your area and act swiftly on relevant issues arising from specific reporting
- Create a quarterly business strategy document in order to drive profit
- Driving income for both parties through effective business development
- Recruit effectively and manage a talent plan for the area, whilst also continuously networking and sourcing new interests
- Liaise with other HO functions to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Identify investment opportunities within the area and create investment appraisals for sign off by the Board of Directors
- Work in conjunction with credit control to manage debt within the area
- Complete monthly board reports
- Work with Licensing , Police and EHO officers to ensure our businesses are safe
- Ensure tenants are complying with the terms within their specific lease agreements to include purchasing obligations, maintenance and repair of the property, payment terms, legislative compliance and take appropriate action to remedy
What we are looking for:
- The successful candidate should already have managed teams within a multi - site capacity and will have a proven track record in exceeding targets and driving performance through their teams
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to grow and develop talent, plan effectively and above all, to deliver ambitious financial targets
- Whilst someone from an Operational Manager background in the hospitality sector would be ideal, this may represent an opportunity for someone with a food, retail, contract catering or leisure background
Please contact Jon McNeish today for further information