Business Development Manager - Distributors
Do you have a passion for sports and lifestyle brands?
Do you have relationships with EMEA based distributors?
Are you seeking an opportunity for career development within an international brand?
MacGregor Black is currently assisting an international Sports / Lifestyle Brand , on a search for a Business Development Manager. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in London, with travel around the EMEA region.
As the Business Development Manager your primary focus will be to manage and develop the EMEA Distributor Account base. You will ensure top line year-end targets are being met and implements the brand's strategy, segmentation and key initiatives of the region.
- Ensure business growth in the region
- Builds the yearly business plan and strategy for the region, defines yearly development priorities for each territory
- Build and implement action plans to increase sales on given categories, key initiatives or territories
- Provides weekly updates on the region and reports any potential issues
- Is in constant communication with partners: organises catch-up meetings to ensure follow-up of all projects and priorities
- Build strong relationships with local key accounts and key market actors
- Travels regularly to the markets and build action plans
- Liaises with Regional Marketing Manager to ensure marketing presence on each territory: Defines priorities in coordination with the Marketing Manager and the partner, manages the marketing budget, ensure key stories are being implemented
- Interacts with all services to solve issues
- Ensure smooth deliveries
- Submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasts
- Makes sure payments are being made in time by partners
- Has in-depth knowledge of their markets, its actors, its structure
- Analyses sales, identifies opportunities and threats for each market
- Gathers and analyses sales data wherever applicable
- Leads in contractual discussions,
- Develops branded retail stores wherever relevant
- Submits product forecast upon request
- Attend sales meetings
- Develops SMU according to market needs
- Relevant sales experience within branded apparel/sportswear market
- Fluent in English and at least one other language
- Highly mobile - the ability to travel across their region
- Strong planning skills/the ability to manage projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Orientation towards culture and instinct for the specific market
- Highly organized
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Ability to use initiative to make appropriate decisions
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and act with a sense of urgency
- Enthusiastic positive person who embraces work with a sense of urgency and persistence
- Ability to achieve targets and deadlines
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Strong track record for sales growth
- Potential for advancement
- Cooperative and transparent way of working
- Shows initiative and is proactive
Our client is offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. This is a great chance to join an internationally renowned business, with the opportunity to travel within the role. This role would suit someone who is passionate about sports and lifestyle brands, and who is able to build and influence relationships positively.
Please contact James Watson for a further discussion