Do you have strong IT Skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel?
Are you interested in a career in sales?
Is career development important to you?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Global Alcoholic Drinks Supplier on the search for a Commercial Executive. This is a permanent role based in Hampshire.
As the Commercial Executive you will provide and maintain data and insights to support the commercial team to effectively deliver customer plans and promotional activity.
Promotions activations, implementation and effectiveness
- End to end ownership of internal promotional activities including:
- Systems management of all customer account promotional activities and Purchase Orders in line with direction from account teams within agreed timelines
- Regular review of pricing activities with the Commercial Finance and Commercial Off Trade teams through month end checks, ensuring strong control over the financial plan
- Support promotional planning activities though:
- Updating of customer account plans, working closely with account managers to ensure changes continually reflect a "live" view
- Qual/Quant report - circulate the key brand/customer outputs to the wider business on a regular basis to enable visibility of the Grocery plan
- Support the evaluation of key promotional activities in Tesco/Asda by updating and circulating the evaluation tool output to enable the commercial teams to understand performance and evolve the promotional cycle to maximise promotional effectiveness
- Lead the capture in store/online activation and relay to the commercial team/wider business
Commercial Documents & Data
- Own the weekly customer EPOS reporting with regular updates to the commercial teams and wider business
- Utilise sales data from relevant customer portals to ensure all internal documents, including JBPs are up to date and showing a live view vs forecast for the Accounts team to review
- Continuously evolve and standardise internal documents and develop new ways to view data to help the Account team forecast and understand the customer sales information
- Own key pricing history matrix by using Brandview and circulate to Commercial team and wider business
- Utilise external customer data and internal analysis tools on an ad hoc basis to support the Commercial team and generate category and market insight, to facilitate a better understanding of trends which assist with the evolution of plans
- Support the set-up of new line forms and customer promotions proposals
- Ensure the Duty and CPI processes run efficiently across the wider Commercial team, working with the Commercial Finance team to create and maintain customer focused documentation in a timely manner
- Maintain Customer Price Files on internal customer documents
- Own and maintain the NPD Checklist for the Commercial team. Ensure other departments are on time with delivery to enable smooth launch in retailers
- Support the evaluation of NPD launches working with the Category team by using various customer specific tools, in store evaluation and competitor analysis to deliver strong insight for future brands
- Support ad hoc projects as agreed with the Business Account Manager
What we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills (in particular strong working knowledge of Excel - logic functions, pivot tables, goal seek, macros and v look up etc) and the ability to interpret insights from data
- Confident making prompt, clear decisions having taken all options and risks into consideration
- Takes ownership and responsibility for decisions, projects and people
- Strong planning and organisational skills, setting clearly defined objectives and timescales
- Proactive approach to time management, able to manage multiple work streams at once
- Able to make a strong and lasting impression with stakeholders, gaining commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Confident in bringing ideas to the table on behalf of self or others, willing to share and learn from others best practices and ways of working
- Self motivated to learn and develop job knowledge and expertise through personal development
- Focus on providing the best results to end customer whether that is internal or external
- High standards for quality of work, maintaining a consistent level of output
- Able to work productively in a fast paced FMCG environment
- Able and willing to review performance, identify areas of improvement and work on them, taking on board constructive criticism
- Ability to be adaptable and prioritise effectively
- Confident and creative thinker, able to work collaboratively both as part of a team and across teams
This is a great opportunity for a Commercial Executive to join a market leading brand, in a key support function. This is an entry level role with strong progression opportunities into the sales function for those who demonstrate the ability and drive to do so.
Due to Client requirements, and the high volume of applicants, Excel experience is essential.
On offer is a competitive salary + benefits package.
Please contact Geoff Bowman today for further information