Are you Committed to driving change and continuous improvement?
Do you want to work for an international, dynamic retail group?
Do you have strong commercial acumen and good attention to detail and accuracy?
Macgregor Black is currently recruiting for an enthusiastic, data driven Commercial Finance Analyst for a fast-paced retail group, offering a basic salary of up to £50k. This role will be based in Blackburn.
What You'll Do:
- To provide CF Team with timely and accurate periodic performance and variance analysis relating to the relevant Food brands (Starbucks, Greggs, Subway, KFC, BK).
- Identify drivers of overspend and prioritise areas of ad hoc analysis. Develop recommendations and action plans to reduce financial risk
- Continual development of the quality of analysis of the CF team
- Liaise with the FTG operational teams to produce insightful and analytical interpretation of financial performance, constantly supporting and challenging the teams to be more efficient
- Support the Senior CF Analyst to challenge Operational Management on financial performance on a periodic basis
- Review journals and assist in reviewing period end procedures for Understanding drivers of spend and performance
- Challenge of financial performance and identification of savings
- Review of reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Maintain relationship with Finance Team as day to day contact for journal processing, reconciliations and reporting packs
- Assist Senior Analyst to perform ad hoc analysis supporting the Head of CF (e.g. scorecard analysis, cost savings analysis and KPI analysis etc.)
Who You are:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- An understanding of the retail environment, store processes and procedures
- Budgeting/forecasting experience
- Relevant IT skills - Excel essential
- Strong numerical and analytical skills - ability to focus on the key issues
- Experience in financial systems (i.e. SAP)
This role will need you to provide timely, accurate and relevant reports, forecasts and budgets.
You will be excellent at building strong relationships and actively engaging with contacts throughout the business.
You will be expected to maintain a close working relationship with other Finance teams to ensure that decisions are consistent, and synergies are exploited. Additionally, you will exercise a high level of judgement in the reporting and escalation of issues within the Facilities Management teams
You must be keen to drive change within the business and demonstrate enthusiasm in the role.
If you think this sounds like you then please apply today.