Commercial Wholesale Director
Do you want to work for one of the UKs Leading FMCG Wholesalers?
Are you a passionate about products and brands?
Do you have experience of leading teams and building business?
MacGregor Black is partnering with a leading FMCG Wholesaler to appoint a Commercial Director / GM. You will work closely with the private ownership team, driving sales and operational excellence. The Commercial Director role is a critical leadership position, accountable for the company's sales and trade-marketing, supply chain, HR and finance functions. Representing an enviable portfolio of products and brands, you will develop long term relationships with key customers across the UK.
- Ensure that the strategy is successfully cascaded and set clear SMART leading and lagging KPI's to ensure successful delivery of budgeted targets
- Deliver the financial, market share, customer feedback (advantage) targets, by focusing on the correct brands, in the correct channels, in the correct accounts using all available sales drivers
- Through a 'customers at the heart' approach achieve a minimum top third ranking position across all relevant Advantage channel reports
- Optimise the field sales strategy and capability
- Recruit, build, develop and retain a high performing team. The team must be agile to the changing nature of the market and reflecting the diversity and quality of the customer and consumer base
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing Director and global brand teams to support the delivery of consumer recruitment and brand equity targets
What are we looking for?
- A proven commercial leader (at least 10 years relevant commercial experience within a recognised wholesaler) with a track record of delivering financial and market growth in an established FMCG category
- Field management experience is compulsory, premium brands experience is a plus but not a requirement
- A highly numerate, data curious commercial individual with a strong ability to think both strategically and dive into the detail. A strong working knowledge of CRM tools would be advantageous
- Experience of brands and how to build strong routes to the consumer would be an advantage
You must be: an influencer, a leader, a communicator, ambitious, engaging, confident and approachable.
The successful candidate can expect a market competitive salary and additional benefits.
If this sounds like the right role for you, get in touch today.