Creative Strategy Director
Do you have strong multidisciplinary strategy and planning experience?
Are you able to develop and nurture people to maximise their potential?
Do you have a pro-active approach to problem solving?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a leading brand and retail consultancy on the search for an Creative Strategy Director. This is a permanent role based in London.
As the Creative Strategy Director you will provide day to day leadership of strategists, designers and account management during strategic phases of projects, leading clients towards ambitious and strategic goals, you will be aware of creating disruptive propositions for retail across channels and intimate knowledge of consumers.
- Providing day-to-day leadership during strategy phases of Design teams
- Going beyond the brief to understand the deeper needs of the client's business
- Bringing multiple thoughts together into a clear and coherent strategic imperative
- Providing leadership in all strategy to the team
- Supporting Senior Strategists on their journey towards becoming director
- Communicating the value of strategy and its tools to other communities across the studio
- Evolving the strategic tools and processes used in the studio
- Building strategy reputation through a clearly owned specialism
- Growing the reach of the project into new stakeholders and budgets
- Leading pitch teams
- Managing the strategic element on key client relationships
- Leading interviews - internal, external, executive
- Researching the client's business context and understanding the client's decision criteria
- Anticipating consumer behaviour
- Turning data into actionable insights
- Telling a compelling story
- Facilitating creative exploration among diverse participants
- Creating a brand platform that has a clear business impact
- Communicating rigorous opinions
- Create new business propositions for clients to help identify where growth will come from
- Develop business models that forecast new revenue streams and ways to approach markets, customer segments and offers
- Conduct feasibility testing of various innovations in service, retail formats and channel approaches
What we are looking for:
- Major creative agency/studio experience would be an asset, however smaller agency experience is also a real plus
- Multidisciplinary strategy and planning experience
- Ability to adapt models and thinking to fit with the real world of consumers and the wider need of the client
- Ability to influence the strategic thinking of Creative teams
- Fluency in brand methods for developing platform, proposition, naming and architecture
- Strongly self-motivated, a great multi-tasker and used to working in a frenetic, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to relate up and down both internally and externally
- Bold, opinionated, informed and curious thinker
- Leading candidates will have proven ability to instil in others: the desire to learn and grow through the work, exceptional attention to detail, a balanced analytical and creative mindset, ability to swiftly prioritise competing priorities, and confidence with retail design and branding best practices
This is a great opportunity for a Creative Strategy Director to join a leading Retail Design Agency and have a real impact on the strategy and execution moving forward.
Salary is up to £95K + benefits
Please contact Emma Horton today for further information