Are you highly experienced with Hospitality Interior Design?
Do you want to manage and develop your own team?
Do you want to work with leading brands across multiple channels?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Pioneering Collection of Award-Winning Design Companies on the search for a Design Director. This is a permanent role based in Shanghai.
As the you have the opportunity to lead and represent the creative process, elevate the global studio collaboration and uphold the design culture that continues to strive for design excellence in the luxury hospitality experience.
It is essential that you can effectively communicate the vision, values and strategic goals internally and externally. One of the key components of this role is to foster an inspiring studio culture by passing on your knowledge to others and by supporting a restlessly curious learning environment. Coaching and mentoring is considered one of the top priorities.
- Appointed as primary client contact for new and existing projects
- Maintaining client relationships
- Achieving high client satisfaction
- Project Design
- Developing creative project narratives in collaboration with the executive Design Director for all projects
- Generating creative concepts in alignment with client's design DNA
- Guiding project presentation quality & execution
- Collaborating with directors globally on project needs
- Leading project design efforts from inception to completion including guiding, advising and mentoring designers
- Managing project delivery, schedules & budgets
- Ensuring positive cash flow and minimising outstanding debt collection
- Generating design ideas & communication by means of design sketches/perspectives for space planning, furniture plans, elevation, etc.
- Reviewing drawings, mock-ups, material & finishes for quality control
- Being the primary presenter of projects to clients
- Leading design critiques and forums
- Elevating & maintaining design standards and quality
- Assisting labour projections & forecasting resource requirements
- Assisting designers with identifying team performance goals and objectives
- Assisting designers with professional growth & performance reviews
- Assisting with recruitment interview process
- Maintaining designer morale and motivation
- Mentoring, training and coaching designers to ensure knowledge is preserved and skills are developed
- Assisting Managing Director in business development efforts
- Maintaining and upholding company policies
- Other responsibilities assigned by MD
What we are looking for:
- +15 years of leading hospitality interior design projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Effective management of project budgets & costs
- Ability to identify & resolve risk management issues
- Ability to lead a team environment & collaborate with directors globally
- Ability to guide, monitor and manage the work of others
- Ability to influence & motivate others
- Solid knowledge & understanding of interior design services
- Proficiency in English (mandatory), Chinese language is not critical
This is a great opportunity to join a leading group, have a pivotal role in how the agency performs and work in dynamic international environment
On offer is a competitive salary + benefits package.
Please contact Emma Horton today for further information