Do you have extensive experience of project scoping?
Are you confident in your development processes?
Do you want to work for a global retail technology provider?
MacGregor Black is currently working with a leading global retail technology provider, on a fantastic opportunity for a Development Project Manager. This is a Full-Time role, based in the Midlands. Although the role is focused on internal management of development teams, this is a customer-facing role and as such travel to customer sites (generally in the UK but occasionally overseas) is expected.
Reporting to the Software Development Operations Manager, the Development Project Manager will be expected to fully manage all aspects of Agile software development projects through the full project lifecycle to deliver new and enhanced versions of the Company's products in line with the business vision for both internal and external customer delivery. To manage, motivate, and develop software development teams through effective coaching and line management. To contribute to the strategic development of the department through the Software Development management team.
- Plan development and all related deliverables using a combination of Agile/Scrum methodology and traditional project management techniques, where necessary
- Manage all aspects of project development including development of project plans, resource plans, project governance, day to day management of the development team and control of releases to ensure delivery of projects on time, to budget and to customer expectation and satisfaction
- Identify and remove impediments for the team and ensure they are focused on delivery
- Establish and manage expectations, both internally and externally
- Report on project status to customer and internal management
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- 4+ years of managing a software development project team(s) with strong line management background
- Previous experience of coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Demonstrable experience of managing software development projects through Scrum or a similar Agile process
- Must be highly motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of continuous integration and TDD process
- Certified Scrum Master
You must be: a Team Player, Sensitive, Customer-Focused, Energetic, a Communicator and an Achiever.
The successful candidate can expect a generous salary package with excellent market leading benefits. Please apply if this sounds like the right role for you.