Are you technically-minded and looking for a new challenge?
Are you highly skilled in continuous improvement techniques?
Can you actively encourage and support the development of others?
MacGregor Black is currently assisting a leading bakery manufacturer, on a search for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in Co. Cork, Ireland.
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will ensure that production targets are met using the appropriate technical support in the correction, prevention and elimination of technical problems, through continuous improvement techniques and to enhance equipment performance and reliability.
- To provide technical support in response to breakdowns on process, plant and equipment, including fault finding techniques within the capabilities of the engineer
- Deliver electrical and/or mechanical maintenance across the site
- Prioritise work to ensure effective response to production requests. Complete expediently but where necessary inform on coming work colleagues
- Participate constructively as a member of the department, keeping everyone informed and proactively share your knowledge and expertise
- Coach and train staff where appropriate
- Maintain the standards of the plant and equipment as defined by the maintenance schedules
- Work with the engineering team to review and optimise the planned maintenance schedules to justify their value from a plant and equipment performance perspective
- Ensure the productive capability of the plant is optimised and improved thus demonstrating commitment towards achieving factory targets, including prompt start up times
- Comply with the companies own Codes of Practice
- Optimise spares holding to effective levels to maintain equipment efficiency
- Fully understand and actively support the production teams
- Actively participate as a project team member on specific projects on site
- Work with commissioning engineers to ensure required process skills are gained for all new equipment
- Ensure compliance with all site policies and rules for quality, safety and the environment
- Understand and contribute using a range of risk assessment techniques in order to ensure safety of plant, equipment and people
- Support a culture that enhances behavioural awareness of quality, safety and the environment
- Demonstrate visible leadership within the factory by the application of good behavioural safety principles in all activities
What are we looking for?
- Appropriate levels of electrical and/or mechanical certification
- Practical engineering ability which is to be supported by assessment as and when required
- Actively seek opportunities for self-development and learning and learns from experiences through evaluation;
- Engage with the appraisal process to identify training and development opportunities
- Actively encourage and support the development of others and give practical support and assistance to help others to learn is a minimum standard
- As an electrical biased maintenance engineer, electrical engineer skills up to 415 Volts, electrical regulations, safety circuits along with pneumatic systems and mechanical knowledge is a minimum requirement
Our client is offering a market-competitive salary plus additional benefits for the right candidate.
Contact us today to find out more.