Are you an experienced estimator within the commercial space?
Can you push back and advise on projects when the need arises?
Are you qualified in quantity surveying or construction management?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Creative Commercial Interior Design and Build Specialist on the search for a Commercial Estimator (Commercial Fit out). This is a permanent role based in West Sussex.
As the Commercial Estimator you will price up CAT A / CAT B Commercial fit out / refurbishment projects (values ranging from £200k - £5m) There are potential opportunities to tender larger commercial fit-outs ranging up to £10m contract value
- Preparation of prime cost estimates incorporating both standard and bespoke products for various trades
- Implementation of the tender process Liaison with internal bid managers, sub-contractors and consultants
- Advice on scope of works, specifications and budgets Measurement of quantity and scope for each bid
- Preparation of prime cost estimates
- Completion of fully considered tenders at settlement stage
- Advice on finalisation matters of risk, qualification and margin
- Preparation of indicative programme to accompany bid In conjunction with marketing/business development function prepare bid submissions
- Follow up with client to reach a positive conclusion
- Successful post tender negotiations
What we are looking for:
- Experience working for a main contractor pricing commercial office interior fit out and refurbishment projects ranging up to £10m
- HNC or above in a relevant course - preferably quantity surveying / construction management
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Confident in creating and presenting estimates in a clear and concise manner
- Strong industry knowledge and a passion for interior design particularly in a commercial environment
This is a great opportunity for an experienced estimator to join a growing and successful commercial fit-out company with the opportunity to work on larger projects down the line
Salary on offer is up to £70k + Benefits.
Please contact Emma Horton today for further information