European Quality Support
Have you worked in a multinational corporate environment?
Are you willing and able to travel within the EU?
Are you multilingual (English + Italian / Spanish / French)?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading Food Group on the search for a European Quality Support. This is a permanent role based in Luxembourg.
As the European Quality Support you will report to the Europe Area Quality Manager. You will effectively manage the quality performance throughout your area, with a specific focus on key growth categories. You will regularly collaborate with local quality teams in order to implement centrally defined quality guidelines, manage qualitative problems while developing and sharing a quality culture at a local level.
- Take part in Area governance mechanisms (e.g. area industrial site visits, etc.) and new projects related to the development of quality in the Area
- Link to key internal and external business partners and manufacturing locations for growth categories
- Support strategic KPIs' definition at an industrial level to monitor performance while improving and fostering quality's level
- Spread our quality culture and KPI system within the perimeter of competence
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Regional Quality Manager to monitor quality's overall performance (i.e. define content feedback reports, schedule updates/follow up meetings, define meetings' timings/recurrence etc.)
- Lead quality projects within the area - focusing on growth categories and sister companies
- Ensure homogenization of activities throughout the different regions and categories
- Guarantee that Quality Guidelines and Methodologies are applied and respected in the Area and regional level while providing feedback at the local level on possible limitations and constraints
- Ensure the implementation of quality improvement plans in the area with the countries' quality teams
- Provide feedback and improvements to central teams in case of ineffective application of established rules and methodologies
- Support the effective collaboration between local and central teams to improve existing guidelines
- Ensure that all quality activities are regularly in place
- Facilitate documentation preparations and relations prior to audit visits
- Provide support to the Area Quality Manager in the management of critical non-conformities/incidents on industrial side and activate a specific Task Force to accelerate problem resolution when required
- Activate adequate corrective actions and communicate with specific technical matter experts (e.g. Quality Account, Food Safety, etc.)
- Carry out Root Cause Analysis on occurred problems while proposing and defining actions to resolve these while avoiding their re-occurrence
- Assess regularly quality resources in the regions to ensure that an adequate number of resources & skills are present while verifying possible training needs for local resources
- Make regular on-site visits to meet with local teams to share improvement actions while collecting inputs and feedbacks
What we are looking for:
- MSc in Quality Food or other related fields
- 5-10 years of work experience in leadership roles in Food Quality within a multinational environment
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Food Technology, Food Chemical and Microbiological Analysis
- Packaging analysis, principles of statistical sampling and control in food industry, Pest Control ISO Certification Scheme (ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000, ISO 19000, etc.), Private Certification Scheme, Food legislation (GMP, HACCP, etc.)
- Excellent communication and relationship skills across different hierarchical levels
- Influencing skills
- Coordination and managing skills
- Problem solving and attention to detail
- Availability to travel approx.30-40%
- Enthusiasm and commitment to excellence with a result-oriented approach
- A fast learner who rapidly moves up the learning curve
- Ethical and strong personal values
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Any other European language (i.e. Italian and/or French or Spanish) will be considered an asset
This is a great opportunity for to join a company and work with leading brands across the food sector.
On offer is a competitive salary + benefits.
Please contact Craig Grainger today for further information