Do you have significant experience in facilities management in a multi-site environment?
Can you effectively and efficiently manage and coordinate Health & Safety processes including permission to work?
Do you have a proven track record of working in a project environment with schemes of at least £150k?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading Regional Brewer on the search for a Facilities Manager. This is a permanent role based in The North West.
As the Facilities Manager you will work alongside 3 Operations Managers, reporting directly to the MD, to support the estate. You will also be responsible for a small team of maintenance technicians.
- Proposing, planning, and costing of a routine maintenance programme for buildings, grounds and equipment including boilers, heating, air con, playgrounds and kitchens
- Advice on property related matters regarding potential acquisitions and disposals, including the coordination of any tender process for major works
- Management and auditing of infrastructure and building services including fire and security systems, water, utilities, and equipment (inc. kitchens and bar)
- Day to day management of delivery of routine maintenance programme and planned investment
- Appointment, management and coordination of contractors and service partners on site
- Focal point for contractors for any CAPEX, proactively reporting any property concerns or foreseen overspends to the Operations Manager and proposing cost effective solutions
- To assist in the delivery and coordination of project works on sites
- Co-ordinate health, safety & compliance activities for property, grounds, and equipment in accordance with the Health and Safety Strategy and policies set by the Health and Safety Advisor
- To provide facilities-related advice and support to the Operations Team
- Negotiation, implementing and review of key estate related services such as refuse collection, washroom services, electrical and gas maintenance and breakdown
- In all property related areas, the role involves ensuring that all costs are kept to budget. Any overspends must be justified and explained, liaising effectively with operations to ensure customer experience and ultimately sales are not affected
What we are looking for:
- Have an appropriate qualification (such as ARICS) or significant experience in this area
- Experience working in multi-site facilities or estate management for a minimum of 3 years
- Solid experience in the management of external suppliers, contractors and consultants covering a range of services
- Experience of the management and coordination of health and safety processes such as permits to work
- Conversant with facilities documentation including Operation and & Maintenance manuals, drawings, engineer reports, compliance certificates and Predictive Preventative Maintenance planners
- Experience working in a project environment and the handover of new schemes of at least £150K value
- Exceptional listening and communication skills and be highly adept at planning with great organising abilities.
- Highly numerate and able to analyse data quickly, forecast spend and create budgets accurately and with attention to detail
- You are a strong negotiator, able to put across your views assertively and professionally
- You've a hands-on attitude with a natural curiosity to learn and understand how things work with a focus on sharing good practices and continuous improvement
This is a great opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join a passionate and talented team in a supportive and rewarding environment, with the opportunity do develop cross functional knowledge across the organisation.
Salary on offer is up to £60k + Benefits
Please contact Geoff Bowman today for further information