Finance Director/CFO (2nd Year Food Start up with Equity opportunity)
Do you have experience in the international food market?
Are you keen to nurture and grow a developing global food business?
Are you passionate about health conscious consumer food categories?
A young and dynamic branded food innovator, our client has developed a range of health-conscious products, that are experiencing impressive growth within one of the most progressive and expansive food categories. With a focus on producing a quality branded chilled product for a discerning ethical consumer.
Our client has built its success through developing a product that is best in category, with strong brand values. This progressive and well invested brand is experiencing huge International growth both in Europe, North America and wider Global retail markets.
This has led to the need to recruit a Finance Director - (CFO Designate) to establish and implement a global Financial structure and strategy aligned to significant growth, working eventually towards a defined exit strategy! Driving functional collaboration across the international finance functions, across the many diverse countries its products are establishing a presence within.
We are looking for an energised and immersive Group and Functional leader who is motivated by the opportunity to grow this young and vibrant ethical food brand both in the UK and Internationally.
Previous experience of leading a Group Finance function within Branded innovation driven food category is essential, as is working knowledge of specific International Retail markets. This will ideally be coupled with previous experience as Finance Director/CFO of an international Food business. An interest in health-conscious consumer food categories with an understanding of consumer food trends would be very advantageous.
This Brand is already achieving impressive UK and worldwide growth but has huge potential. This role will suit an individual who thrives in challenging dynamic international food categories. . This role will not suit an ivory tower leader, we are looking for an engaging people focused Director who will work closely with the existing structure to develop the link between the diverse country strategies.
- Establish and implement a global financial structure and strategy aligned to significant growth
- Drive functional collaboration across the international finance functions, across many diverse countries
- Work closely within the existing structure to develop the link between the diverse country strategies
- Lead and develop a culture to ensure all projects are delivered to schedule and budget, at the highest quality
- Continuous review of business performance and processes, identifying and implementing improvements and delivering cost savings
- Short and Long term forecasting, reporting and analysis including; monthly / quarterly / annual reports for the board
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience leading a group finance function within branded food
- Working knowledge of specific international retail markets including Europe / North America
- An interest in health-conscious consumer food with an understanding of consumer food trends would be advantageous
- An engaging personality not afraid to get involved
- Strong Commercial Acumen with a history of upscaling businesses
- A business leader comfortable with holding others to account on performance, including senior management
- A people manager with the ability to dictate a company wide culture focussed on continuous improvement
- Someone who is passionate about the development of their team, able to push their team to achieve, whilst rewarding performance
- Someone who is both pro-active, with a focus on long term sustainability and growth, and re-active, able to deal with short term issues decisively and definitively
As you would expect we are undertaking a confidential and thorough Search process, having already identified direct competitor targets that are under consideration. However, should you feel that you have the necessary experience to be considered we would still welcome a confidential conversation. Please feel free to call me for more detail on this exciting opportunity with this dynamic organisation, I will be happy to fill in the gaps! In the first instance however please forward your application with a CV and Salary details or call Alan Gove direct on 07701 090854
On offer is a competitive salary + benefits + equity opportunity.