Do you have experience and understanding of working with Private Equity backed companies?
Are you experienced in Retail with M&A experience?
Can you build and lead a team through a period of high growth?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Private Equity Backed Retailer on the search for a Finance Director. This is a permanent role based in Yorkshire.
As the Finance Director you will be part of the Senior Management team assisting in the formulation and delivery of a five-year growth plan. You will provide support and strategic input, as well as build a finance function that can support to business through a rapid growth curve.
- Providing financial perspective and constructive challenge to key strategic decisions
- Improving the detail of, and enhancing the quality of management information and communicating insights clearly to the Board
- Contributing to commercial negotiations (including negotiating property leases, supplier agreements and management of long-term asset contracts)
- Reviewing and improving upon financial systems and processes
- Ownership of any acquisition process from target identification through to completion inclusive of negotiations and due diligence
- Shaping the business and finance function
What we are looking for:
- A clear and confident Board level communicator, with a forensic attention to detail, supporting a thorough and robust knowledge of financial performance that will stand up to PE scrutiny
- Strong commercial acumen, capable of making positive contribution to strategy formulation, with ability to enhance business performance through KPI implementation and information flow
- A strong understanding of Private Equity, what drives value in Private Equity backed businesses and the role of the Finance Director in delivering that
- Possess the gravitas required to build out a finance function, providing contribution and challenge to business strategy, with a track record of leadership and staff development; and
- Retail and/or M&A experience would be beneficial
This is a great opportunity for a Finance Director to join a retailer experiencing high growth, looking to continue that trend. If you are commercially astute, technically sound, ambitious, with retail experience and ultimately hungry to become an integral part of the business then this is for you!
On offer is a competitive Salary + Benefits.
Please contact Nichola Saul today for further information