My client are looking for an outstanding individual to join a property investment group with capacity of £50m. Reporting to the Manageing Directors of each business (a property trading arm and a bridging lender), but with direct contact with the founders and major shareholders, this role requires strong communication skills and the ability to weigh and critique a wide range of views. Strong values and high standards are a given.
The group is backed by a number of ambitious HNW individuals with a track record of founding and building businesses into hugely valuable organisations. Working with this calibre of investors alongside a high-quality existing management team provides an exciting and dynamic environment which requires a nimble thinker with good emotional intelligence.
Gravitas and the ability to build trust quickly would be highly desirable traits as well as a curious mind and the courage to challenge accepted wisdom or the senior team. The environment encourages debate and provides the opportunity for full participation in a range of commercial and strategic decisions. Equally valuable is the ability to accept being wrong and develop consensus rather than being combative.
With a strong group accountant running the day to day finance team, this is a 'bigger picture' role where assisting with creating financial structures for growth alongside strong risk management will be highly valuable. This is a 2 day per week role, with flexibility so that hours can be spread across the week to suit the successful candidate and the business.
- Busy, successful and forward-thinking property investment group
- Traded over £100 million of property (400+ transactions) last financial year
- Lending book approaching c£20m
- Successfully trading over 10 years
- Strong reputation in its chosen markets for being professional, easy to work with, deal makers
- Work with national home builders and estate agents offering property Part Exchange and chain repair services
- Buy property direct from customers looking for a cash sale
- Operate ethically in a quick-sale market - one of only a handful of buyers to be recommended by independent experts
- Short term bridging finance for investors looking to buy & add value to property
- Managing Relationships with funding stakeholders; shareholders, banks and HNWs
- Funding strategies as and when growth opportunities present themselves
- Financial and commercial risk management
- Internal controls and counter fraud measures
- Monthly reporting to the board and covenant reporting to funders
- Business planning/forecasting/budgeting
- Analyse and improve upon the KPIs currently reported, interpreting them to non-financial people as appropriate
- Strategic advice and decision making
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Experience within a leveraged environment
- Ability to develop KPI dashboards and a curiosity about how data can improve the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of leadership within a small but ambitious business
- Understanding and management of investor requirements
- Understanding of the property market and property taxation
- Remote/flexible working as standard but with occasional travel to East Midlands or London for board meetings or investor meetings as required