Do you have experience working with SAP Systems?
Are you CIMA qualified (or equivalent)?
Have you worked in a fast paced FMCG environment previously?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a National Leading UK Food Producer on the search for a Financial Controller. This is a permanent role based in Cornwall.
As the Financial Controller, part of the Senior Leadership team, you will be responsible for producing weekly / monthly profitability statements, including the appropriate commentary to highlight trends affecting the performance of the site. In addition, you will ensure rigor in data recording and financial reporting in line with the company standards and prepare and update the annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- Manage and develop the Finance department, whilst ensuring weekly and monthly reports are produced in an efficient and timely manner
- Own, progress, co-ordinate and develop product costing; key point of contact for account managers
- Lead and define profit hurdles consistent with agreed ROI and undertaking promotional evaluation and post promotion reviews
- Prepare and own input into monthly results and performance management including customer profitability
- Undertake internal audits and maintain appropriate risk management controls
- Manage capital expenditure including investment appraisal, spend allocation to projects, classification of Assets and timely capitalization of projects
- Coordinate and improve systems (Arrowlink and P1400)
- Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Assist in the preparation of purchase summaries
- Handle and resolve supplier complaints/queries to a satisfactory conclusion for both the supplier and the Company, ensuring the more complex complaints/queries are passed to the Manager
- Coding, batching and matching of invoices to ensure financial reporting completeness
- Assist with month-end and year-end procedures
- Filing and general administration
- Ad hoc duties to support the department/business
What we are looking for:
- Strong commercial acumen with a flexible approach
- Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of business
- Experience of operating in a similar role within an FMCG business
- Able to work consistently under pressure in a busy environment
- CIMA or equivalent qualification
- Strong experience with both Excel and SAP is essential
On offer is a Competitive Salary + Benefits.
Please contact Nichola Saul today for further information