Are you able to work in a fast-paced environment?
Can you lead and develop a team?
Are you a qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA)?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading Brand and Retail Consultancy on the search for a Finance Controller. This is a permanent role based in London with an Immediate Start Date.
As the Finance Controller you will have day to day responsibility of the finance function, and the leadership and smooth running of the team to meet the needs of the business. The FC will closely partner with the FD to ensure processes are effective and efficient, and all financial controls are being met as set by SOX, and our Global teams.
- Responsible for financial Control and reporting of London office
- Lead the finance team (3 direct reports), be a mentor and support their development
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of finance department outputs
- Ensure that the finance team meet deadlines and timetables set by Brand HQ and internally
- Responsible for financial reporting in Cartesis
- Ensure SOX compliance of the finance team and wider agency
- Ensure that all external, internal, client audits run smoothly with finance team
- Responsible for Company cash flow and trade working capital (TWC) - managing to conclusion related issues
- Maconomy super user, ensuring finance team support wider agency system issues and to maximise the use of the system generating efficiency within the team
- Preparation of monthly commentary reports
- VAT return to WPP Brands (UK) Ltd
- Adhoc reporting requests
- Review of P11D's
- Review of PSA return
- Knowledge of monthly Payroll preparation (ability to cover in the absence of the Finance Manager).
- Management of agency Amex card account
Financial Reviews and Approvals:
- Review monthly P&L prior to FD review
- Review forecasts and budgets prior to FD review
- Approval of actuals, budgets, and forecasts in Cartesis
- Review of monthly commentary
- Approve of weekly BACS, manual payments, Purchase Orders and Expenses
- Approval of changes to access rights, e.g. Servers, Maconomy
- Approve Season Ticket Loan requests
- Assessing the needs of the team and developing training plans that help their ongoing development
- Effectively lead by providing feedback in a timely and constructive way that helps the growth and development of the team members. Conduct formal appraisal meetings where required and as requested by team members
- Set team and individual goals that meet the needs of the business and the team's career objectives
- Constantly review the team structure to ensure it means the business needs
- Delegate tasks appropriately to the team to ensuring efficiently and effectiveness
- Oversee holiday for the team, approving and ensuring suitable resourcing at all times
- Supports the creation of thought leadership pieces
- Creates and owns initiatives that define and strengthen our culture
- Becomes a source of new brand ideas and knowledge about relevant digital trends
- Embodies our values - Listen, Fearless, Excite, Grow.
What we are looking for:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to digest financial information and communicate in a simple understandable way to people within the business
- Effective and efficient time management, organisation and multi-tasking skills. Has high standards for work and impeccable attention to detail
- Attention to detail, but with the ability to step back and see the big picture
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to develop and grow a team
- Ability to be a positive agent for change to enable continuous improvement in the Financial and Commercial operations
- Trusted advisor and supportive team member to the FD, with the ability to deputise if required
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience working with finance system, Maconomy, a strong advantage
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in agency finance function, leading a team
- Experience working in branding agency advantageous
This is a great opportunity for a CIMA / ACCA qualified Financial Controller to join a leading Design Agency and have a strong positive influence from day one.
On offer is a competitive salary + benefits.
Please contact Nichola Saul today for further information