Are you familiar with the BRC Standard?
Do you have experience with raw material approval process?
Do you want to develop your career in a fast paced and dynamic environment?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Food Manufacturer and Retailer on the search for a Food Technologist. This is a permanent role based in West Sussex.
As the Food Technologist you will work closely with the Technical Manager and will provide the key support to the NPD, assisting in the production of safe, legal and high quality products. You will also help with the implementation of the BRC Standard.
- Liaise with NPD department and customers to ensure that all new product launches are delivered successfully on time
- Assisting with on-site validation trials and reports
- Complete and manage customer specification data bases
- Manage product label sign off process
- To develop and assist the Purchasing Manager to maintain systems for monitoring the quality of raw material and packaging material intake, ensuring quality standards and specifications are maintained
- Working with the Purchasing Manager and NPD to review raw material approval systems and ensure that all raw materials used are fully approved and sourced from approved suppliers
- Supporting the technical team with the preparation of external audits and customer visits
- Become an active member of the internal auditing team
- Conducting data analysis and KPI reporting
What we are looking for:
- Be familiar with requirements of BRC standard through direct involvement is essential
- Have experience in implementing and maintaining QMS system in food manufacturing
- Have experience with raw material approval process
- Hold a Higher Diploma or Degree preferably in a Food Science subject
- Have good attention to detail and a pro-active attitude
- Organised with the ability to plan and prioritise different tasks
With the BRC project and the exposure to a wide variety of areas & tasks this role will be ideal for an individual looking to take the big step in their career within the food industry, providing the opportunity to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to become a well-rounded technical team member.
On offer is a competitive salary plus benefits.
Please contact Craig Grainger today for further information