Our client, a leading premium cosmetics manufacturer is looking to hire a General Manager to further drive their portfolio in the UK and Internationally.
6 figure competitive package
As the General Manager, you will be an integral part of the UK leadership team & report directly to the UK CEO. Your peers in the wider group will include BUD's responsible for Global Multinationals and the group's largest sales & marketing business unit.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Manage, motivate, develop & grow your sales & marketing teams
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understand the pains and trends facing today's consumers intimately to ensure our brands, products and services develop to meet their needs.
- Act to protect & grow existing customers and manage deep and long-standing client relationships.
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse Group-wide teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Support the merger and integration of newly acquired brands and teams, along with the future structuring of distributor & direct sales channels in International markets.
- Grow market share and penetration
- Protect unique OEM / Private Label offering in UK retail
What are we looking for?
- Proven Marketing / Brand Director with a sales management track record, comfortable with managing relationships with retail & OEM clients
- A successful recent record in brand development and International market expansion
- Have the stretch & appetite to grow with the business, aiming at £100m+ by 2022.
- Passion for brands, products & understanding/interest in manufacturing challenges
- International outlook, linguistic skills of interest (French, Italian, German)
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Obsession with consumer understanding and evidence of translating this into successful product & service launches
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication skills across cultural bridges
- Strategic thinker who can move seamlessly between short & long term thinking without losing his/her audience.