General Manager - Retail & Restaurant Operations
Are you interested in developing business by offering exceptional customer service?
Do you have a real passion for good food?
Do you want to work for an organisation that supports local community?
MacGregor Black is currently working with an award-winning food supplier, on a search for a General Manager. This is a Full-Time role, based in North Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager will proactively develop the business by offering exceptional customer experiences. Intelligently manage the team so they perform to their best; oversee all aspects of health, safety and EHO/legislative standards so we excel in these areas. This is a hands-on role to analysis, innovate and action ideas to ensure that the company is at the forefront of local food retailing/catering and that the business and brand grows successfully in every way, including financially.
- Be an effective communicator internally and externally
- Actively manage Managers to ensure their departments are operationally excellent and financially successful
- Implement, review and monitor smooth and successful systems to allow excellent customer service in all areas of the business
- Creatively ensuring maximum income from customers through upselling, offers etc
- Review existing contracts (and do tenders as appropriate) with suppliers to ensure the company is getting best value in all areas of the business
- Assist marketing team and ensure quality and future development of the brand
- Ensure every customer (and interaction) is a positive experience
- Have an ambitious plan for exciting future developments
- Actively seek relevant data and use it to improve the business performance
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with experience (and ideally qualifications) in food retail/service. They will be passionate about customer service, managing a team and local food too. They have a can-do attitude and will want to take the business to the next level by analysing and measuring data and then building on the business and innovating for a stronger future. You will have excellent people management skills, especially the ability to motivate staff and foster good team working, between all areas of the business.
You must be:
- A team worker and present information effectively
- Aware of and have a good understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Able to interpret and use financial information
- A communicator with strong negotiation skills
Our client is offering a competitive market salary for this role.
If you think this position could be the next step of your career, get in touch today.