Do you have a business mindset and want to be at the core of helping to drive strategic direction?
Can you demonstrate outstanding leadership behaviours?
Are you commercially astute?
MacGregor Black is currently collaborating with a leading UK alcoholic drinks company, on a search for a talented and ambitious Interim Grocery Retail Controller. This is a Fixed Term Contract role (3-6 Months) with immediate start and is home-based, with flexibility to travel within the UK as and when required.
The Grocery Retail Controller is the strategic commercial leader for the channel / team and is the key facilitator of the relationship between the customers and the business. In this role you will create a culture of continuous improvement, target achievement and demonstrate high levels of personal motivation, positivity and resilience at all times. In line with the Sales Director, you will set the strategic direction for the channel, as well as lead and develop a sales team, demonstrating outstanding leadership behaviours and customer engagement techniques, while delivering upon the organisational commercial goals.
- Create a market-beating, value-adding strategy which ensures the alignment of key objectives and facilitates the creation of long-term, powerful customer partnerships
- Provide operational and strategic direction to ensure the sector strategy and all targets are delivered successfully
- Undertake customer / region analysis programmes and continuously monitor the performance of your remit and identify and exploit future opportunities
- Constantly analyse all available data and insights (including competitor and market trends) and use them appropriately for effective management and delivery of all objectives
- Raise the profile of the customer / region internally and ensure their objectives are clearly communicated to all key stakeholders
- Actively and robustly assess and manage the forecast for your accounts, ensuring risks are minimised and opportunities maximised
- Lead, inspire and successfully develop a team of direct reports and through a combination of customer visit / field accompaniments, 1:1s and team meetings develop a culture of high performance
What are we looking for?
- Experience of a fast-paced sales environment within the premium drinks sector or leading - branded FMCG companies
- Effective negotiation style
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Robust financial proficiency
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- High level of commercial acumen
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Education to degree level is highly advantageous
You must be: a Self-Starter, Solution-Orientated, Willing, Customer-Focused, Positive, Emotionally Intelligent, a Leader, Highly-Motivated, Commercially Astute and Passionate.
Our client is offering a market-competitive salary with excellent additional benefits including annual bonus and car allowance for the right candidate.
If you would be interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, contact us today.