Are you ISO22000 qualified?
Do you have experience with BRCGS Standards as well as retailer standards?
Do you want to work for one of the UKS leading food producers?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Premium Chilled and Ambient Food Producer on the search for a Group Auditor. This is a permanent role based in Leicester.
As the Group Auditor you will complete audits across the business to ensure food safety, quality, legality and integrity of goods and services supplied meet the required standards.
- Work collectively with the supply base to ensure the timely and effective close out for areas of concern raised as part of routine audits
- Complete supplier risk assessments against set criteria based on performance, capability, technical competency, category and status whilst applying your sound technical skillset to identify and agree suitable mitigations for risks identified within the supply chain on both a desktop and physical audit basis
- Support company VACCP studies as part of your role, as well as support the actions identified from horizon scanning and emerging issues
- The Group Auditor is key to the logistical planning of the audit schedule and has the capability to produce top line audit KPI reports as required for senior meetings
- Provide technical expertise to the business on an ad hoc basis
- Work in a collaborative manner with a team to continuously improve systems in line with industry progression
- To effectively assess suppliers through risk assessment and site audits where required
- To ensure the correct standards of food safety, legality and quality standards are in place for each supplier. To identify business risks where these are not in place
- To escalate any business risks in a timely manner with the relevant manufacturing sites and elevate issues identified to senior management
- To write up supplier site assessments
- Supply KPI monitoring data of business audit performance to schedule for senior meetings
- Work in collaboration with the Group audit team and sites as necessary to logistically plan the auditing schedule, identify scope of audits required and ensure any customer/site requirements are included
- Responsible for management of own schedule, time and travel
- Act as a support function to company VACCP studies, Horizon Scan alerts and emerging issues
What we are looking for:
- You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer
- You will demonstrate initiative and ownership
- You value others and their contribution and enjoy
- Degree in food science or related discipline (food science, food technology)
- High risk / high care food manufacturing for a min of 5 years
- Lead Auditor qualification (ISO22000)
- HACCP L3 (2 Day)
- Experience of BRCGS Standards, as well as retailer standards, particularly TFMS and M&S standards
- Good level of practical experience assessing supply chain authenticity and GMP of integrity and segregation controls
- Produce category experience desirable
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Full clean driving licence
- Ability to be flexible and work remotely
- Ability to visit abattoirs and handle raw meats
- Comfortable to fly and travel abroad
This is a great opportunity for a Group Auditor to join a leading food producer and be an integral part of maintaining the high quality of products produced.
On offer is a competitive Salary + Benefits.
Please contact Nichola Saul today for further information