Group Head of Engineering
Are you a proven leader with experience in managing multiple international sites (10+)?
Can you drive transformation and support the merger & integration of future acquisitions?
Have you built & executed a best in class maintenance strategy, ensuring highly reliable assets & competent people delivering the needs of the business?
Do you have a proven track record in managing a significant group maintenance budget, providing insight and direction to optimise total maintenance costs for the group?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Market Leading International Food Manufacturer on the search for a Group Head of Engineering. This role can be based in the UK or Europe, with regular travel to the UK head office.
As the Group Head of Engineering you will primarily aim to develop and optimise the food engineering function. A key focus in the first instance will be the set up and management of all activities related to engineering across the end to end supply chain.
Acting as the engine for the business it is vital that there is a focus on efficient ways of working, simplification of processes and a lean mentality in all that is carried out across the engineering remit, with the ultimate aim to of delivering highly reliable assets today and in the future, delivering the needs of the business at the lowest landed cost.
The expectation is that this role will act as a key collaborator across the Supply Chain building strong stakeholder relationships with all local SU Directors, as well as having a clear understanding of customer & commercial requirements and aligning factory engineering resources behind our 'Must Win Battles' in order to drive growth across the business.
· Functional Governance
· Engineering Compliance
· Capex Management
· Competence building & succession planning
· Future Technologies & Digitalisation
· Sustainability Engineering
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 10 years of experience within an FMCG environment, with experience leading an engineering function at a large site/multi-sites. Experience operating in a central function developing and deploying maintenance strategy & engineering governance
- Minimum 10 years working within a Continuous Improvement framework, ideally TPM or equivalent, with strong, practical experience of implementing the Planned Maintenance (PM) / Asset Care Pillar
- Proven track record of successfully managing a capital investment process with experience in managing complex engineering projects from initial development, implementation and through to commissioning and sign off
- Proven track record of developing competences within the engineering function and beyond; specifically working with Autonomous Maintenance to develop site Technical Operator capability in addition to upskilling & cross-skilling of site technical teams
- Masters or Bachelors level degree in Engineering
- Strategic thinker with a medium to long term perspective without losing sight of the tasks just in front
- European citizen who speaks fluent English, an additional language would be advantageous ideally, German, French or Italian
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly
- High level of interpersonal effectiveness (gravitas), a natural and authentic leader
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, ability to relate information clearly, concisely and take the team with them
- A self-motivated individual with proven experience of working within team to accomplish objectives
- Ability to analyse data and develop recommendations and solutions
- Excellent planning, organising and project management skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organisation and across diverse cultures
- Operates with integrity
- Highly analytical with strong critical thinking skills
This is a great opportunity for an experienced head of engineering to join an International leading Food Manufacturer as they look to continue their growth and development.
On offer is a competitive Salary + Benefits including bonus.
Please contact Jon McNeish today for further information