Are you a seasoned IT manager/ Head of IT?
Do you have experience with PHP or C#?
Are you able to find innovative solutions?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading Online Retailer of Consumer Products. on the search for a Head of IT. This is a permanent role based in Barnsley.
As the Head of IT you will directly interact with other teams within the business including Operations, Commercial, Sales and Marketing and will be able to find innovative solutions in order to hit tight timescales.
- Management of a small PHP and C# Development Team
- Day-to-day first, second and third line support for all end users
- Day-to-day management and maintenance of a containerised and virtualised server estate based on both Debian 9/10 Linux and Windows Server (2003-2019) architecture
- Day-to-Day administration of "local" infrastructure, e.g. switches, routers,, domain/AD, VOIP, NAS, UPS, Wifi etc.
- Ensure that the infrastructure (cloud and local) is properly configured and maintained for disaster recovery / business continuity purposes
- Ensure that all business critical systems are operational and highly available such as the Warehouse systems (Pick, Pack, Ship and Print), the ERP and bespoke ecommerce websites
- Project management for in-house development projects - relaying information to nontechnical stakeholders, communicating deadlines and agreeing requirements
- Maintain vendor relationship and negotiate new supplier contracts such as Internet connectivity, VIOP, Cloud hosting providers and off-site backups
- Leading the Agile software development methodology, holding weekly sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, daily stand-ups etc.
- Assisting in PHP Software Development and Devops where necessary
- Ensuring that our business documentation is well maintained, readable and accurate
What we are looking for:
- Min 5+ years of commercial experience as a Systems Administrator
- Min 2+ year of commercial experience as a Manager for small teams
- Proven ability to manage Linux (Debian9/10) systems, write shell scripts etc.
- Proven ability to manage Windows systems, powershell, active directory etc.
- Experience of containerisation, specifically docker
- Good understanding of network essentials such as subnet design, routing, VPNs, gateways, firewalls, proxies, Wifi design etc.
- Experience of virtualisation systems, specifically Linux KVN and Rancher (Cattle) Docker
- Experience with end-to-end delivery of projects
- Knowledge of standard business systems e.g. ERP/WMS, specifically MS Business Central
- Commercial Experience of CS-Cart platform
- Development skills in PHP or an equivalent server-side language
- Knowledge of database technologies, especially MySQL including replication
- Understanding of broader e-commerce ecosystem - including use of tools such as GA/GTM, payment systems, internationalization, SEO, affiliates, etc.
- Understanding of FMCG and/or handling of food/perishable products
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- 3CX Phone System, Active Directory, Apache, CUPS Print Server, Draytek/pfSense Firewalls, HAProxy, Proxmo, Samba/NFS, Sucuri WAF
- Third-party shipping API's
- Experience architecting and implementing highly -available systems and websites with auto-scaling in a commercial environment/
- Experience with Supermicro, HP and Dell physical servers as well as maintaining MDF/IDF Infrastructure; Including maintaining UPS', physically swapping drives, etc.
- Experience managing and developing Unifi Wifi Systems
As the first point of contact for all technical queries / requirements and will have full responsibility for resolution of issues in a timely manner, some out of hours work may be necessary to support the infrastructure and business continuity.
Salary on offer is up to £55k + Benefits.
Please contact Seadna Finnegan today for further information