Interim Head of Learning and Development
Are you a passionate about the personal growth of business professionals?
Do you want to work for a market-leading food manufacturer?
Are you an experienced and confident influencer and communicator?
Macgregor Black is currently supporting a market-leading food manufacturer based in north Lincolnshire - East Yorkshire, on a pivotal and strategic search for a new Head of Learning and Development. Daily rate is Negotiable.
This role involves ensuring all employees possess the experience and skills necessary to achieve the Company's short, medium and long-term objectives. To ensure the Company is compliant with all customer and legal employee-competence standard. To establish a training environment that is efficient, consistent, scalable and value for money.
* To establish a core training framework ('building blocks') and prioritize Operations and Technical before rolling out to other appropriate functions.
* To work with local HR and functional managers to establish a Training Needs Analysis and establish training priorities for all sites and functions leading to local L&D plans
* To lead the development of a culture of compliance to ensure all key colleagues understand their legal, technical and customer standards.
* To directly and indirectly lead the training teams across the estate to deliver standards
* The application of financial rigor to L&D activity to ensure ROI for the business; effectively using internal resources where appropriate.
* To drive a culture of 'future thinking' around talent and succession.
* Develop and deliver a management development programme that will provide those taking on people-management and/or strategic roles with the skills to undertake their responsibilities
* Work with local HR and functional managers to establish the values and cultivate a culture of engagement and feedback: to include local objectives, local employee infrastructure for review and delivery, local feedback loops; local evaluation
* Support the Ops Director throughout the FY18 pay review process
You will be:
* Graduate calibre
* CIPD qualified
* Have at least 5 years of HR experience across generalist HR or L&D
* Exposed to multi-site FMCG manufacturing environments.
* Knowledge of best practice across the L&D environment
* Confident in presentation, communication and negotiating with professional peer groups
* Experienced in managing distributed teams
* Personally committed to role model behaviours and to leadership and management through example
If you think this role sounds like you then please Apply Today