Head of Off-Trade Sales - Germany
Are you passionate about the Drinks industry?
Do you have an extensive network in the German Off Trade market?
Can you speak both German and English fluently?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Global Alcoholic Drink's Supplier on the search for a Head of Off Trade Sales. This is a permanent role based in Germany.
As the Head of Off Trade Sales you will be a key figure in expanding our client's presence in the German market. You will execute the German retail sales strategy across all key Off Trade retail channels - Grocery, e-commerce, prestige and convenience. You will build world class senior level trading relationships and leverage these to optimise sales, visibility, NSV and profit within agreed budgets and business guidelines.
- Produce and execute channel sales plans to deliver targeted business results through sound financial planning, alignment of plans and processes, to drive profitable business growth
- Build profile across the Off-Trade marketplace, building networks proactively and representing the business on major trade bodies
- Develop relationships with key senior customer contacts to implement key brand owner strategies and gain support
- Deliver budget performance, within agreed guidelines, ensuring sustainable growth and profitability for the company whilst balancing brand equity and value
- Own, drive and deliver customer joint business plans: own the P&L of the retail channel and drive account reviews to ensure the accuracy of forecasting both profit and investment spend
- Review customer, pack, brand and sku mix to identify profitability opportunities with support of sales operations and commercial development based on allocation guidelines provided by the senior leadership team
- Lead, motivate and develop the Off-Trade team to maximise opportunities and achieve brand building objectives in line with the company values to maximise employee engagement and talent development
- Build and develop and deliver field force efficiency & approach with Off Trade Team Managers
- Lead, motivate and develop the commercial Off Trade teams in line with company values to maximise employee performance
- Promote, develop and embed a 'one team' approach to support the delivery of the German business
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy
What we are looking for:
- Working knowledge of all key trading channels based on direct personal experience
- Deep knowledge of the Off Trade market place
- Confident presenter who conveys authority; good inter-personal skills and a natural relationship builder
- Experience of building strong customer partnerships and external business relationships
- Strong team leadership experience; including talent development & commercial capability
- Excellent Customer development skills and excellent track record of front line sales experience
- Commercial awareness - understanding of P&Ls, proven track record in profit management
- Proven high executional standards and attention to detail
- Analytical ability - decision making based on turning data into actionable insights
- Strong, positive negotiator with significant front line experience of complex negotiations
- Ability to manage complex, varied workloads under high time pressure
- Ability to build and align commercial strategies across a variety of stakeholder groups with conflicting interests
This is a great opportunity to have a real impact on the growth of a well-established brand as they expand their international reach.
On offer is a Competitive Salary + Benefits.
Please contact Geoff Bowman today for further information.