Do you have a deep knowledge and love for fine wine?
Would you like to work for a long-established, well respected and exciting Fine Wine brand?
Do you have strong Commercial acumen and excellent relationship building skills?
Macgregor Black are working with one of the world's oldest independent wine merchants for a Head of Sales in the Japanese market. This role is based in Tokyo or Osaka.
You will lead the private sales and marketing functions on a day-to-day basis, maximising the growth potential of the brand and delivering sustainable profit for the company. You will oversee the well-established wholesale team via a direct report, whilst ensuring that the company's service culture/brand values are shaping sales activity & team behaviour.
Reporting To: Asia Director, member of the Asia Leadership team. Your Direct Reports will be: Deputy GM / Sales Manager Wholesale, Private Sales Account Manager, Operations Manager, Marketing Executive.
· Responsible for the development and delivery of yearly plans and agreed performance measures. Retention and acquisition of customers as well as operating profit growth in Japan.
· Creating strategic alliances with partners in Japan to capitalise on combined market insight and opportunities.
· Agree and implement strategic initiatives in the region alongside the Asia Director and Managing Director - International.
· Lead the Japan Sales team to deliver its plans and ensure that the correct product range and requisite stock levels are maintained for the benefit of customers and agency partners.
· Develop an organisational culture consistent with that of the company.
· Have management responsibility for the business in Japan.
· Responsible for developing high performing teams through coaching and motivating all direct reports to support their growth and development.
· Senior level sales and ideally general management experience with demonstrable career progression within the luxury brand/service sector.
· 5+ years working in the Fine Wine arena.
· Experience of Private Customer management in the Japanese market.
· Successful track record of delivering operating profit budgets.
· Have been successful in a broad, multi-faceted role.
· Will have successfully operated within a multi-geographic matrix environment.
· Recognised as a key contributor to, and key figure in, the wine industry.
· Cultural sensitivity in the wider Asian region.
· Professional, articulate and confident in both written and spoken Japanese and English.
Our client is offering a generous salary package as well as market competitive bonuses. If you think this role sounds right for you then please apply today.