Head of Supply Chain
Do you have the breadth of experience within Supply Chain?
Have you gained experience dealing with Marks and Spencer?
Do you have experience managing a multi component Supply Chain?
MacGregor Black is currently working with a well-respected chilled food manufacturer based in North Lincolnshire, on a pivotal and strategic search for a talented Head of Supply Chain. This is a Full-Time interim role, for a minimum of 6 months with a view to go permanent.
As the Head of Supply Chain, you will manage and co-ordinate all site-based supply chain activity to fulfil business service and cost objectives. This will involve individual in customer facing aspects such as engagement with category managers, buyers, demand planners, and also managing relationships and communication with internal and external service providers.
- To ensure supply chain structure is adequate and robust in its structure to service needs of the business and customers in all operational situations
- Take appropriate actions to maximise customer service in line with targets and in a cost-effective manner in co-ordination with operations
- Provide detailed analysis and report on distribution costs and review distribution budget on regular basis to ensure best value for business
- Lead the agenda on any business process re-engineering work that is initiated either internally or by the customer, e.g. M&S B2B program, which impacts directly on supply chain
- Evaluate technological proposals, challenge internal service providers such as IT and Systems analysts on new methods and modifications to allow automation and process improvement
What are we looking for?
- Experienced material controller or planner preferably with chilled food experience
- Experienced in customer relations management
- Good personal organisation and ability to manage with minimum direction
- Able to work to assess priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Good numeric and written skills
- Very good people and influencing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages particularly Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of MFG PRO or other ERP systems
- Willingness to cover for other supply chain roles and work some weekends as required
- Team player
Our client is offering a market competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Please apply if this sounds like the right role for you.