Head of Technical
Do you want to work for a leading innovator of fine food?
Do you have a proven track record improving technical and food safety?
Are you experienced in a fast moving FMCG / Food environment?
MacGregor Black are partnering with an Innovator of Fine Food on the search for a Head of Technical. This is a permanent role based in Manchester.
As the Head of Technical, you will develop and lead delivery of a technical strategy for the site that is aligned to the technical strategy and delivers self-managed technical excellence. You will create an industry-leading technical site team that is fit for now and fit for the future. You will also gain 'established authority' with customers by building collaborative, impactful relationships based on integrity and trust.
- Manage 5 direct reports including 4x Quality Assurance and 1 x Specification Technician
- Responsible for the technical and food safety across the whole site
- Fully responsible for all technical elements of the factory, ensuring the site operates in line with industry leading standards
- To deliver a consistent approach to food safety, integrity and product quality across the site by benchmarking, challenging, training and effective auditing
- Maintain the site's ongoing customer approval status and third-party accreditations with a view to achieving the highest level of compliance
- Responsible for development and maintaining the sites' reputation for self-managed technical excellence
- Development and lead delivery of a step-changing technical continuous improvement plan
- Setting direction, objectives and performance standards for the site technical team
- Lead the support and development of the Technical team to assist them in realising their potential, ensuring suitable succession plans are in place
What we are looking for:
- Food Science/Technology or other related biological science degree
- Experience with frozen products within the food sector is essential
- Experience gained in a leadership position - with direct reports
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of BRC Global Standards and other accreditations
- In-depth knowledge of risk-based food safety and integrity systems, including practical application of risk assessment techniques
- Category relevant product and process knowledge e.g. thermal processing, microbiology (listeria management) and meat curing
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise a busy work flow whilst maintaining stakeholder expectations
- Ability to proactively to lead through critical business challenges
- Coaching and mentoring skills
Salary on offer is up to £70k + Benefits.
Please contact Craig Grainger today for further information.