Health & Safety Manager
Do you have experience within a food production environment?
Are you fully aware of UK Health & Safety rules and regulations?
Are you an assertive and engaging H&S professional?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading Food Manufacturer on the search for a Health & Safety Manager. This is a permanent role based in North Yorkshire.
As the Health & Safety Manager you will ensure the sites meet the legal and regulatory requirements, as well as customer and industry standards in Health and Safety and the provision of high-quality advice/guidance on company policy relating to health and safety matters.
- To ensure appropriate risk assessments are conducted and actions are completed
- To participate in and support investigations to facilitate closure of identified non-conformances and to follow up on all non-conformances
- To carry out regular inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- To produce weekly and monthly reports
- To support training and coaching across the facility to drive a positive safety culture
- To keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health & Safety Executive (HSE) legislation
What are we looking for?
- Full awareness of UK Health & Safety laws and regulations
- Skills to prepare and deliver H&S-related training sessions
- Safety qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally within food manufacturing
- Strong influencing skills / problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide practical risk control solutions
Salary on offer is up to £45k + Benefits
Please contact Craig Grainger today for further information