Health & Safety Manager
Are you NEBOSH Certified?
Have you worked in a Food production environment / manufacturing environment previously?
Are you able to lead and develop a workforce to improve overall safety and quality?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading UK Food Manufacturer on the search for a Health & Safety Manager. This is a permanent role based in ABERDEEN.
As the Health & Safety Manager you will be responsible for the development and implementation of Health and Safety management systems within the site and ensuring that coaching, advice, and support is available for all site Managers for them to fulfil their own responsibilities. Liaising closely with Group H&S support services to ensure site management system is aligned with Group safety strategy. Managing site Training Co-ordinator to maintain mandatory training and competency requirements for all site personnel.
- Ongoing development and implementation of improved Health and Safety agenda, practices, policies, and procedures on site
- Apply and influence the effective operation of Health and Safety agenda, practices, and policies in conjunction with site management team
- In collaboration with the Site Manager, advise, develop, implement, and provide budget information for effective training policies for the site whilst complying with Group training requirements
- Investigate and document all accidents, recommended improvements and supporting implementation
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Facilitate, support, and advise the Site Risk Management teams
- Chair regular Site Safety meetings to update site management on site and group developments/changes
- Working with the site Training Co-ordinator to ensure that all personnel are suitably trained and competent to undertake their roles
- Facilitate and guide site management team in Risk Assessments for all site operations, including contractors
- Proactively review Risk Assessments on regular basis (at least monthly), providing guidance and feedback to foster good working practice
- Working with the relevant departments, implement regular internal auditing program and processes, measuring performance and action planning from outputs
- Provide and/or present monthly Health and Safety report to site management, identifying areas of risk, concern, and recommendations for implementations on site, including cost analysis and/or implications
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters
- Submit site metrics/KPI reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Agree and regularly review Health and Safety metrics/KPI's with Site Manager for each defined period (monthly/quarterly/annually)
- Undertake regular unscheduled site safety audits to ensure compliance to industry and/or legislative obligations and company policies/procedures
- Identify, address, and escalate as appropriate, any breach to Health and Safety policy
- Liaise with HSE and other outside agencies in relation to Health and Safety matters, including reporting, auditing, and ensuring site compliance to recommendations and guidelines
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business
- Any other duties as required by management and within the competency of the post holder
What we are looking for:
- NEBOSH General Certificate essential
- H&S professional membership (such as IOSH) essential
- H&S Diploma/Degree advantageous
- Confidential and discreet in all matters
- Significant experience working at Advisor level or above
- Experience working in food production or other similar manufacturing industry preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail essential
- Pragmatic and flexible in approach, adaptable to rapidly changing environment
- Commitment to good practice
- Communicates well in written and oral form with multi-nationals on all levels
- Organised, ability to multitask and work under own initiative to deliver to deadlines
- Relationship builder with influencing skills
- Strong IT skills in online H&S reporting databases and Office packages (particularly Word, SharePoint, Excel)
- Strong team player
Salary on offer is up to £45k.
Please contact Craig Grainger today for further information