Do you have experience in the FMCG Market?
Are you able to plan and execute long term strategic growth?
Are you able to lead and inspire teams?
MacGregor Black is partnering with a leading FMCG Wholesaler to appoint a Finance Director. As the Financial Director will provide financial leadership and strategic direction to the Business. The appointed person will ensure that all elements of financial performance are optimised, enabling delivery on operational targets and on longer term strategic goals. These goals include new investments and market expansions that will deliver growth, market leadership and increasing profitability.
We are looking for an energised and immersive Group and Functional leader who is motivated by the opportunity to grow this young and vibrant brand.
· Partner with regional leadership to drive financial performance of the business in line with the budget
· Thought partner to GM, helping shape and deliver the short and long term strategy
· Direct the annual financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes for the business
· Lead the FP&A team and ensure accurate and timely reporting of the financial performance of the business; explain actual business results to the executive team
· Identify and drive initiatives that improve the overall profitability of the business
· Lead the development of finance investment business cases for Strategic Projects and Developments, taking responsibility for the delivery of same, from a financial perspective.
· Be a key influencer and decision maker at the UK leadership table.
· Provide strong leadership to the Finance Team to ensure their wellbeing, including Coaching & Development
· Work collaboratively with commercial colleagues to ensure market performance
· Develop a comprehensive set of Metrics and Analytics that will accurately represent business performance and will enable the organisation to optimally drive the business
· Overseeing, inputting on and approving Value Chains for NPD Innovations and Business Cases
· Responsible for all financial compliance (including statutory audits, financial statements, overseeing VAT and Corporate Tax computations, etc)
· Ensure that organisational changes and developments are financially sound and sustainable
· Drive the continuous development and enhancement of systems, processes and procedures to improve analysis, reporting and decision-support.
· Deliver bespoke financial information and guidance for key strategic and operational decisions.
· Represent the Business at Group Level and to external stakeholders, as required
What we are looking for:
· Degree educated or equivalent as well as being a qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
· A proven track record of Financial Leadership and delivery of financial performance at a National level
· Extensive strategic financial management, analytics and commercial experience in FMCG/retail trade
· In-depth knowledge of accounting and financial principles across UK&I
· Experience of working in UK&I in FMCG
· Strong motivational skills and ambition.
· High energy, high creativity but ability to work through the basics too.
· Experience of leading and influencing in an environment of rapidly changing workload, tight deadlines, in the context of high client expectations and tight timeframes.
· Superb commercial acumen and strong appreciation of the challenges of growing a business through retail
· Experience of initiating, leading and implementing programmes of work including organisational change
· High level of ability in terms of project planning, prioritisation and critical thinking will be essential
· Strong mathematical abilities and analytical skills; detail oriented and well organised.
· Excellent computer skills and very strong command of Excel and other relevant applications.
· Experience of SAP and Business Objects is highly desirable
· Ability to work under own initiative
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate can expect a market competitive salary and additional benefits.
If this sounds like the right role for you, get in touch today.