Scope and Purpose
Ensure that production targets are met using the appropriate technical support in the correction, prevention and elimination of technical problems, through continuous improvement techniques and to enhance equipment performance and reliability.
- To provide technical support in response to breakdowns on process, plant and equipment, including fault finding techniques within the capabilities of the engineer.
- Deliver electrical and/or mechanical maintenance across the site.
- Prioritise work to ensure effective response to production requests. Complete expediently but where necessary inform on coming work colleagues.
- Participate constructively as a member of the department, keeping everyone informed and proactively share your knowledge and expertise.
- Coach and train staff where appropriate.
- Maintain the standards of the plant and equipment as defined by the maintenance schedules.
- Work with the engineering team to review and optimise the planned maintenance schedules to justify their value from a plant and equipment performance perspective.
- Ensure the productive capability of the plant is optimised and improved thus demonstrating commitment towards achieving factory targets, including prompt start up times.
- Comply with the companies own Codes of Practice.
- Optimise spares holding to effective levels to maintain equipment efficiency.
- Fully understand and actively support the production teams.
- Actively participate as a project team member on specific projects on site.
- Work with commissioning engineers to ensure required process skills are gained for all new equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all site policies and rules for quality, safety and the environment.
- Understand and contribute using a range of risk assessment techniques in order to ensure safety of plant, equipment and people.
- Support a culture that enhances behavioural awareness of quality, safety and the environment.
- Demonstrate visible leadership within the factory by the application of good behavioural safety principles in all activities.
- Holistec literate
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Actively seek opportunities for self development and learning and learns from experiences through evaluation;
- Engage with the appraisal process to identify training and development opportunities;
- Actively encourage and support the development of others and give practical support and assistance to help others to learn is a minimum standard
- As an electrical biased maintenance engineer electrical engineer skills up to 415 Volts, electrical regulations, safety circuits along with pneumatic systems and mechanical knowledge is a minimum requirement.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other duties assigned by your Line Manager and any other Manager within the business as appropriate. However, such other duties will be reasonable in relation to the employee's skills and abilities.
- Appropriate levels of electrical and/or mechanical certification required.
- Practical engineering ability which is to be supported by assessment as and when required.
What this means to us is …………..
We put our customers at the heart of all we do
Speaks honestly and openly (tells the truth answers are 'straight')
Insists on the highest levels of customer service
Follows through on his / her obligations
Ensures that internal and external customers expectations are met or exceeded by seizing opportunities to improve quality of customer service
We communicate openly and transparently
Listens actively to others ideas summarising to confirm understanding
Uses an open style of communication which engages, inspires and motivates others
Communicates simply by keeping messages short, clear and precise to help understanding
Recognises and uses varying methods of communication
We trust each other and work together
We deliver what we say we are going to deliver
We take others ideas and input into account when making decisions
Enjoys the work - encourages self and others to have fun
Always tries to achieve a win win
We empower and enable others to succeed
Behaves in a way that allows people to make a difference
Inspires and supports others to achieve ambitious goals
Supports a culture of talent and management by proactively building and maintaining succession plans for all levels of the business
Encourages and enables individuals to develop to their full potential
We always act with integrity
Maintains the highest professional / manufacturing / technical standards always delivering to a high quality
Maintains the highest levels of ethics and integrity
Adheres to strict financial rigour, abhors waste - maintains an efficient use of resources
Treats Tulips' resources (i.e. money / time / reputation) as if it was his / her own