Are you a part qualified accountant, possibly working in the food industry?
Do you have experience in high value FMCG manufacturing environments?
Do you want to join one of the UK's most recognised brands?
MacGregor Black is currently supporting a well-respected food manufacturer, based in Manchester, on a pivotal search for a Management Accountant.
This Management Accountant role is responsible for assisting in the preparation of weekly and monthly management accounts and assisting the Financial Controller in maintaining accurate and up to date accounts ensuring the general ledgers of the company are fully maintained, controlled and reconciled.
This is what is expected of you in this Management Accountant role:
· Review and setting up standard costs for new products (including NPD products)
· Calculation of weekly purchase price variance
· Calculation of daily and weekly material usage variance
· Calculation of daily and weekly labour variance including posting of weekly wages
· KPI reporting
· Daily, weekly & monthly reviews with the factory and area managers
· Stock analyses
· Management of business Profit Improvement Plan (PIP)
· Preparation of weekly and monthly profit and loss account within agreed timeframes
· Preparation of weekly flash report
· Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
· Preparation and posting of month end journals
· Monthly GL cost analysis and comparison to plan including reviews with budget holders and taking action on review points
· Prepayments and accruals preparation and analysis
What are we looking for?
You must have experience in a busy finance team, preferably within a manufacturing environment. You will be part or fully qualified CIMA or studying towards CCAB qualification.
You will have a strong commercial outlook and be a dynamic finance professional who is both process focussed, with exceptional attention to detail.
You must be; Highly Numerate, Self-Motivated, Proactive, Results Driven, a Strong Communicator, Energetic and Personable.
The successful candidate can expect a market competitive salary and market leading benefits. Please apply if this sounds like the right role for you.