Are you technically-minded and looking for a new challenge?
Can you proactively monitor standards and improvements within an FMCG culture?
Do you have excellent commercial awareness?
MacGregor Black is currently collaborating with a leading meat processing company on a search for two Multi-Skilled Engineers. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in West Lothian.
The Multi-Skilled Engineer will be responsible for site maintenance and process efficiency, providing a suitable environment in which to fulfil customer requirements effectively in line with the company's objectives. This will involve working as part of a highly-motivated and skilled Engineering team who are capable of providing effective, preventative and reactive maintenance that will support the company's objectives. You will be a key member of the team, helping to deliver cost effective engineering services.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to maintain the factory and all installations to the highest standard and develop machinery ownership with operators
- Ensure all equipment and pre-start checks are completed daily before Production commences as per maintenance procedures and liaise immediately with relevant managers highlighting issues discovered
- Ensure that all site equipment is maintained as set out in the procedures manual to the satisfaction of all relevant departments at a mutually suitable time
- Diagnose faults with equipment when requested, constantly keeping the department's management up to date with progress and timescales. Implement a robust preventative maintenance schedule. Always investigate breakdowns to their root cause to prevent a reoccurrence
- Ensure all engineering activities and Contractors meet and integrate with company requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, insurance requirements, environmental policies and general duty of care
- Assist in maintaining secure, robust stock management of all tools, parts and consumables', ensuring adequate stock is on hand/available at all times
- Assist in the maintenance of the site security, including the alarm system, including the maintenance of the security cameras around the site. Participate in the on-call department rota as and when required
- Design cost-effective modifications to help improve safety, reliability and throughput. Consider lean principles when looking at process flow and aim to minimise waste throughout the factory
- You will be expected to identify and prioritise challenges within your areas of responsibility, using personal judgement, initiative, experience and knowledge to develop constructive workable solutions. At all times communication and close liaison with affected departments is imperative
- Participate in various projects relating to the purchasing of new machinery, improved operations or new processes and produce cost benefits analysis considering implications such as cost, safety and time constraints.
What are we looking for?
- HNC Qualification or equivalent
- Engineering processes and efficiency drivers
- Lean manufacturing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Apprentice training
- Best practice engineering in a food manufacturing environment
- Planned preventative maintenance principles and applications
- Facilities (compressors/refrigeration) experience
- Bias preferred electrical
- Problem solving and root cause analysis
- Ability to coach machine operators
- Right first-time approach and ethos of continuous improvement
- Health & safety training - working at height, electrical safety, lone working
- Ability to conduct risk assessments
You must be: a Communicator, an Influencer, Results-Driven, Self-Motivated and a Problem-Solver.
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits scheme for the right candidate.
Get in touch with us today.