National Account Manager
Are you a high-potential Account Manager looking for a new challenge?
Can you help shape the category agenda?
Do you have high-levels of organisation and attention to detail?
MacGregor Black is currently working with a well-respected ambient food company, on a search for an experienced National Account Manager. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in Berkshire.
You will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day account management as well as supporting new account opportunities, liaising and building relationships, presenting yourself as the face of the brand, in addition to developing and implementing customer account plans for your specific accounts, aligning with both the customer and company strategy.
- Key contact for manufacturers, shaping and building strong, trusting relationships through regular communication ensuring the brand are at the forefront of decision-makers
- Owning and successfully managing key categories, building relationships with the Buyers and Category Managers, maximising and creating brand opportunities, driving sales, profitability and ensuring performance targets are met
- Assist on implementing promotions, as well as being responsible for your own brand / range promotions, ensuring these are planned and executed effectively instore and online, in addition to analysing promotional trends against competitors
- Supporting the creation of effective planners by carrying out product performance reviews and successfully implementing new lines, ensuring space is maximised aligning with strategies
- Planning and executing additional site space on a period by period basis, ensuring sales are maximised through effective product positioning
- Managing the sales plan, ensuring internal teams are aware of sales activity and planned launch promotions, updating relevant teams for any planned changes in promotional activity
- Supporting with the development of existing brands, new business opportunities for both current and new accounts, including seeking new opportunities for non-exclusive brands
- Supporting with administrative duties for the internal sales team
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 2 years' working at JNAM or NAM level for a food or drink supplier
- B2B experience
- Good understanding of Microsoft programs, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Developing and maintaining brilliant relationships both internally and externally
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail, able manage a fluid list of priorities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, taking ownership of both challenges and opportunities, effectively evaluating situations and recommendation solutions
- Be able to help shape the category agenda, putting the consumer at the heart of all decision-making
- Maintain high levels of energy and have a can-do attitude
- Exceptional presentation standards, particularly when representing the company in an external capacity
The successful candidate can expect a market-competitive salary plus excellent additional benefits.