National Account Manager
Are you a high performing NAM looking for progression?
Do you have experience in Bakery / Gluten Free / Chilled Desserts?
Are you commercially focussed with a strategic mindset?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Global Leader in ingredients, products and services on the search for a National Account Manager. This is a permanent role, with flexible working based in either the North West or London.
As the National Account Manager, you will co-ordinate, manage and liaise with the relevant accounts to retain, grow and develop business at a profitable level.
- Manage the relationship between customers day to day, establish strong relationships where customer has high degree of trust in the business
- Receive brief from the customer and manage the brief from concept through to launch. Liaise with NPD, marketing, technical and supply chain to ensure new products meet customer requirements and fit companies' strategy and commercial requirement
- Taking a category management approach, identify and thoroughly research gaps in customers' ranges. Foster support internally and with customers for business development idea
- To clearly identify & focus on key projects/drivers within account which will ensure maximum impact/benefit
- Understand budget expectations & highlight deviations. Have contingencies for shortfalls
- Demonstration of strong negotiation & selling skills, with the ability to analyse complex situations leading to the proposal and agreement of equitable solution
- Understanding and adherence to customer & internal systems is required
- Understand, use & embrace the group European manufacturing footprint to drive products & profitability for account
- Network & negotiate with internal colleagues to mutual benefit to the company and customer. This will require the management & coordination of projects. Oversee the building of multi-functional/level relationships
- To develop and grow the relationship with customers to help maintain a healthy profitable account
- Role is pro-active and reactive as work comes internally via market data, opportunities and gap analysis and externally via individual accounts
- Play active role in setting of the annual budget, project NPD volumes
- Manage day to day needs of customers
- To use available market data as a tool for leading viable category development
What we are looking for:
- Strong Account / Project management experience, ideally through NPD
- Knowledge of food retail, market awareness, data analysis and application of market data, process and product understanding
- Experience within the Bakery / Gluten Free / Chilled Dessert industry is essential
- Strong Strategic mindset
- Common sense and strength of character to make decisions
- Ability to manage a multitude of different priorities (internal & external and work to timescales, manage projects and lead people)
- Highly Numerate
- Operate in a highly volatile market with major competitors, with customers demanding high standards of service, category management, NPD management and support, often in areas were political correctness is required
- Knowledge of MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Spreadsheets
- Use of NPD project management tools (Vivid), market data tools i.e. Kantar, EPOS data
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with key Retail accounts
This is a great opportunity for a high performing National Account Manager to take the next step in their career with a leading business.
Salary on offer is up to £60k + benefits including Car allowance / Company Car.
Please contact Phil Stead today for further information