Are you a successful motivator?
Can you bring an independent perspective and assist with strategies?
Do you have a strong understanding of the SME Textile industry?
MacGregor Black is currently working with an international clothing manufacturer on a strategic and pivotal search for a Non-Executive Director. This role is UK based.
As the Non-Executive Director, you will bring an external, independent perspective to the Board, assist with strategy, help develop the business and ensure that the risks are suitably managed. The NED is expected to challenge and advise the executive directors, in line with the company values, and help them to reach balanced judgements.
- Bring an external, independent perspective and advise the Board accordingly
- Assist in setting and revising strategy and objectives
- Challenge executive directors on their decision making
- Scrutinise the performance of management against the objectives and values of the company
- Help to determine appropriate levels of remuneration of executive directors and senior management and to advise on reward mechanisms
- Advise on risk management and internal control frameworks
- Advise on systems which support the integrity and quality of management information
- Advise on governance arrangements and assist with succession planning, including chairing Appointments Panel
- Chair and participate in strategy meetings/AGMs with senior staff/shareholders
- Involvement in business development, (working closely with Board and senior team), including client visits and presentations at client events or conferences
- Provide access to useful contacts and networks to help develop new business in line with strategy
- Identify opportunities for the business, for example new services, clients or partners
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience as a Non-Exec Director within an SME textiles manufacturer
- Strategy development, governance, business development and operational experience
- Gravitas to be respected internally and externally
- Ability to engage constructively with senior management and to challenge on difficult issues in a non-confrontational way
- Successful motivator of senior management
- Clear and enthusiastic communicator; verbal and written
- Strategic thinker and business development orientation
- Understanding of systems and risk management
- Good understanding of management accounts and related management information
- Knowledge of reward and motivation mechanisms
- IT literate
Contact Jon McNeish today for a confidential discussion.