MacGregor Black is searching for a talented NPD Manager to join the product team of a healthy snack company experiencing rapid growth. Our client is searching for a creative, commercially savvy, ambitious self-starter keen to impact an exciting and dynamic business. You will have the opportunity to be a pioneer and thought-leader in the snack category, be able to grow a team and develop your career. This is a Full-Time role, based in London.
As the NPD Manager, you will be responsible for delivering the innovation pipeline, developing new, original ideas and taking them from concept through to launch.
- Lead the product development of large innovation projects / new range launches alongside the curation of the client's core range
- Build collaborative supplier relationships to ensure the best innovations are brought to the business and are delivered efficiently through third party manufacturers
- Keep on top of what is new, relevant and emerging in both the food industry and macro food environment, using trends to design inspiring product solutions and feed the innovation pipeline
- Lead feasibility assessments throughout the product development life cycle, proactively flagging risks which could hinder the delivery of solutions that meet brand, consumer, technical and commercial requirements
- Understand your products; know the functionality of the ingredients used, ensure recipes are fit for purpose and use food science to solve problems and challenge industry norms
The right candidate will be creative and have experience of bringing great tasting products to market. They will be passionate about taste and motivated by the challenge of making their creations fit for market by balancing commercial, technical and manufacturing requirements. They will have a good understanding of critical path management, be able to forecast what is required to deliver a brief in full and on time, as well as have the technical nous to tackle recipe/process challenges that may occur along the way.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 4 years' industry experience
- An impressive track record delivering successful NPD to market
- BSc degree in Food Science, Technology or Nutrition
- Proven project management skills
- Flair for food and innovation
- Experience working within brand guidelines
- Understanding of HACCP and site technical standards