Are you able to speak German and English?
Do you have finance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment?
Do you have Oracle ERP experience?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Global Leader within Industrial Automation on the search for an Operations Controller. This is a permanent role based in Dortmund.
As the Operations Controller you will be responsible for the execution and securing of all order settlement activities regarding cost accounting, valuation and reporting. The position reports to the Head of Cost Accounting.
- Continuous monitoring and analysis of the progress of production and sales orders based on cost and hourly accounts
- Review and analysis of process costs and order margins
- Analysis, comparison and reporting of material consumption and production hours against plan/forecast
- Monthly determination of manufacturing costs and valuation of inventories
- Allocation of overhead costs to production orders
- Determination and review of sales or production-related valuation adjustments (penalties, warranty costs, inventory write-downs
- Determination and accounting of over- and under-recovery in the production process (CapManVar), analysis of unexplained deviations
- Development of process improvements regarding all aspects of production cost accounting and related reporting
- Implementation of the SOX controls assigned to the area of responsibility
- Support of general accounting in location-related topics for the preparation of financial statements under commercial and tax law
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration with focus on finance and accounting or comparable education
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of cost accounting/controlling, preferably in a manufacturing company
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes and material flows as well as related order billing systems and processes
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Experience with ERP programs, preferably Oracle
- Good knowledge of German and English, spoken and written
- Analytical way of thinking, high affinity for numbers and willingness to work in detail
- Ability to prioritise different tasks, even under changing conditions
- Ability to work independently and solve complex accounting problems
- Willingness to work in a cross-location tea
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and German
This is a great opportunity for an Operations Controller to join a company who focus on excellence and innovation as well as professional development of its employees.
Salary on offer is up to €65k + Benefits.
Please contact Qasim Khan today for further information.