Are you an Operations professional looking for a new challenge?
Do you have a mindset for driving sales and continuous improvement?
Are you an accomplished leader with a flair for people management?
MacGregor Black is currently collaborating with a high-quality brewing supplier, on a pivotal search for an Operations Manager. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in Greater Manchester.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager will be accountable for driving sales and optimising EBITDA. They will support with the planning, execution and management of the overall operations strategy including CAPEX.
- Conduct regular reviews and site visits, liaising with site General Managers to resolve both short and long-term operational needs
- Define product quality and customer experience operating standards. Communicate, implement, train and monitor these standards at all times across all sites to ensure consistency throughout the business
- Coach and lead General Managers to operate successful sites, underpinning an informed, motivated and involved culture across the sites where compliance with process and procedure is a given
- Develop effective Sales and Marketing plans at site level in conjunction with site General Managers and the Marketing department
- Ensure that all controllable costs are kept to a minimum and justify and explain overspends, ensuring product quality and customer experience and ultimately sales are not affected
- Be heavily involved with menu development through various focus groups whilst driving quality and improvements in GP
- Ensure effective recruitment and development practices are carried out through liaising with Head Office support
- Liaise and deal with relevant licensing authorities and other official bodies as required
- Ensure effective Health & Safety/Food Safety practices are adhered to through liaising with the Health and Safety Officer
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience of the licensed trade and recent area/operations management experience for food and drink-led sites
- Customer service-focused with excellent standards
- Experience of branded and independent environments is desirable
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- An accomplished leader with a flair for people management you will bring a track record of exceptional results, a desire to drive forward a business and the interpersonal skills to motivate all those around you
- A hands-on attitude with a natural curiosity to learn and understand how things work with a focus on sharing good practices and continuous improvement
- Financially astute and able to immediately identify and drive key business areas and related sales and profit
- Strong project management skills
- Confident IT skills and experience of EPOS/table management systems
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary with excellent additional benefits including bonus potential, car allowance and private healthcare for the right candidate.
If you think this exciting opportunity could be the next step in your career, contact us today for a confidential discussion.