Packaging Development Technologist
Do you have experience in the Food Packaging Industry?
Can you demonstrate successful NPD delivery from conception to market?
Are you degree educated in Food Science, Technology or Nutrition?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Food / Snacking Provider on the search for a Packaging Development Technologist. This is a permanent role based in London.
As the Packaging Development Technologist, you will develop relationships with suppliers and identify opportunities to expand third party networks which support the delivery of excellence in packaging structures, materials and process engineering, and enable rapid prototyping
- Provide Technical expertise on injection moulded packaging and material specifications to internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with project initiators, including Marketing, Operations, LEX, to scope any new wrapping material project, and provide relevant information to project stakeholders
- Establish material/ specifications with relevant property descriptions and production tolerances
- Provide technical input and recommendations on all wrapping material development related matters, technical training, and development
- Develop, evaluate, qualify, and specify injection moulded plastic materials, formats and modify existing ones in conjunction with suppliers, factories, marketing, procurement and supply chain
- Investigate alternative cost-effective plastic resins to ensure all projects are delivered within required budget and initiate cost reduction initiatives
- Support the development of new injection moulding tools together with external partners
- Evaluate and assess injection moulding process and parts produced and drive improvement actions based on conducted route cause analysis
- Define a trial plan to qualify new materials (MQS)
- Define, guide, and manage the approval process of any injection moulding specifications in the Final approver of packaging specification and recipes
- Develop key packaging supplier capabilities across the region to roll out new technologies
- Manage the identification and reduction of wrapping material complexity to increase productivity
What are we looking for?
- Degree ideally in a scientific, materials engineering or technical discipline.
- Vast experience in plastics injection moulding packaging development with agility, personally engaging in developing the appropriate packaging solutions for all new products and getting them ready for commercialisation.
- Excellent relevant technical experiences with thorough knowledge of plastic moulding related materials and ingredients, material production processes and material properties/behaviours related to all packaging wrapping materials
- Expert knowledge of packaging design, material selection and processing equipment in injection moulding
- Good expert knowledge of materials testing methods, related equipment and statistical process control
- Good knowledge and experience of injection moulded plastic printing and process will be an advantage
- Excellent computer literacy (MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, SAP)
- Good understanding of packaging manufacturing processes.
- Creative, entrepreneurial, dynamic, can-do attitude.
Salary on offer is up to £45k + Benefits.
Please contact Craig Grainger today for further information.