Are you an effective communicator?
Do you want to work for one of the UK's prominent companies in the food manufacturing industry?
Are you improvement-focused, a deliverer of quality and accuracy in your own work?
MacGregor Black is currently working with a top UK food deliverer, on a search for a Packaging Technologist. This is a Full-Time role, based in central Lincolnshire.
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, the Packaging Technologist will coordinate customer artwork approval, factory packaging development and identify solutions and processes for the successful launch of new product concepts, upgraded products and packaging redesigns.
- Ensure packaging development for the site are accurately managed, maintained and developed to enable effective and timely transition of new products from concept to full-scale manufacture
- Recommend & justify new packaging solutions and processes to achieve improved cost-efficient performance planning and monitoring work via a Profit Improvement Plan (PIP)
- Act as liaison between site operating teams and the development department on each specific packaging development
- Ensure that all packaging and processes developed are complaint with site policies relating to change management, Health & Safety and hygiene
- Deliver on relevant KPI's identified via Objective setting
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has detailed knowledge of all site manufacturing systems, processes and procedures, who is adept at problem solving with ability to apply technical packaging knowledge to practical situations. You will have effective management experience of others by motivation, persuasion and the effective coordination of activities. The ideal candidate will have an HNC or degree in Packaging Engineering or Science (or equivalent), plus relevant experience within a packaging environment.
You must be: Encouraging, Organised, Accurate, Customer-Focused, a Communicator, a Team Player and a Problem-Solver.
Our client is offering the right candidate a highly-competitive salary plus additional benefits. If you think this role could be the next step in your career, contact us today.