Are you a recent graduate and looking for an exciting start to your career?
Are you driven to writing effective news releases?
Do you enjoy contributing new and innovative ideas?
MacGregor Black is currently collaborating with a well-established co-educational independent school, on a search for a PR & Communications Officer. This is a Full-Time position, based in North West England.
The successful candidate will make a genuine contribution to the growing family of school brands. You will work closely with our Digital Marketing and Marketing and Events Managers, supporting the processes for internal and external activities.
- Build relationships with key school stakeholders to ensure they pass you important information for publicity and communication purposes
- Write material to promote the School including news articles and press releases for distribution through print or digital media including the school's websites and social media
- To manage, administer and post to the main School social media accounts across all platforms
- To design and manage the production of advertisements, advertorial and editorial as directed by the Marketing Manager or Headmaster
- Produce, copy and source photographs for the school newspaper and to liaise with the graphic designer, print and distribution companies over its production and distribution
- Contribute to the creation of printed material held by the school
- Research material to assist the Headmaster
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Media or an arts subject
- Familiarity with social media platforms, Pressburst, Adobe creative suite and other design software
- Touch typing experience
- Excellent writing skills including accurate grammar and spelling
- Excellent inter-personal skills
The role demands editorial flair, creativity and excellent written communication skills. You will be expected to represent the School, not only through your written word but also in person, by attending a number of events throughout the school year. Therefore, the ability to build productive working relationships and engage with a wide range of stakeholders is also essential.
Our client is offering a market-competitive salary for the right candidate, as well as an extensive and generous rewards package which includes pension contribution and free access to on-site facilities (gym & swimming pool).
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, contact us today.