Are you an experienced Procurement professional in protein, looking for a new challenge?
Do you possess high-levels of customer service?
Can you assist with product development strategies?
MacGregor Black is currently supporting a leading specialist food packing business, on a strategic search for a Procurement Manager. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in Edinburgh.
The Procurement Manager will work closely with all departments to ensure the acquisition of raw materials, packaging, seasoning and indirects at the best cost and service to the business.
- Have a clear understanding of daily, weekly and monthly requirements for all raw materials required by production based on the plan
- Ensure all product delivered is to the agreed specification and if not ensure feedback and corrective actions are put in place
- Engage with suppliers on product development ideas
- Maintaining a relationship with the product development team to ensure a full awareness of new products being developed and ensuring we will have full availability materials
- Reviewing options for stock at risk, write off mitigation, packaging writes off etc
- Comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and observe all safety rules
- Ensure the culture of continuous improvement is maintained and developed throughout the factory
What are we looking for?
- Degree-level educated or equivalent qualification
- Demonstratable experience of Procurement or Category Management, within meat
- Good communication skills and can work with members outside of their team
- Microsoft literate with good understanding of excel and other Microsoft programs to an intermediate/advance level
- Good attention to detail
- Motivated and can work independently
Our client is offering a highly-competitive salary with excellent additional benefits for the right candidate.
Contact us today for further information.