Do you want to work for a leading innovator of fine food?
Can you drive continuous improvement?
Are you experienced in a fast moving FMCG / Food environment?
MacGregor Black are partnering with an Innovator of Fine Food on the search for a Production Manager. This is a permanent role based in Bristol.
As the Production Manager you will oversee the production and daily operations of our Manchester Site ensuring efficient and high-quality output that meet our high standards.
- Ensure the production facility and daily operational compliance to all relevant legal, technical accreditation and food legislation, including Health and Safety
- To maintain efficient production processes for all product lines whilst exploring continuous improvements where beneficial
- Take the lead in managing and motivating and directing the facilities production workforce through their daily roles
- Oversee and ensure accurate and timely production planning is done daily, weekly and monthly
- Report on the maintenance and servicing of production equipment that minimises any down time
- Ensure that all products are supplied to the agreed specifications and remain compliant with all food regulations
- Investigate all customer complaints and resolve internally/externally as required with technical manager and operations manager
- Administer all product trials and participate in organoleptic and microbiological testing in conjunction with technical manager and operations manager
- Oversee daily control of all aspects of production and site hygiene
- Ensure the continued development team members by conducting regular reviews and appraisals, setting targets for achievement
- Ensure staff are trained to commensurate with their work activity by arranging training as required in conjunction with operations manager
- Provide regular production data and performance reports to assist in business management and product costings
- Play an active role in management decision making and debates, acting as an ambassador for the company at all times
- Work in a team based environment where all managers/employees work together for the good of the business
- Via both formal and informal meetings, ensure that your line managers are kept updated on any opportunities or threats that could affect the business
- Provide ongoing intelligence/data/information that can be used by other departments in order to make decisions that are more informed
- Maintain and contribute to a working knowledge of policies and regulations
What we are looking for:
- Experience Managing high volume production sites ideally within the FMCG / Food industry
- Experience managing large teams in a shift-based environment
- Good delegation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing and enthusiastic to learn the production operation from start to finish across all areas
- Strong communication and management skills
- Right to work in the UK
- Reliable, trustworthy and flexible
- Computer literate
Salary on offer is up to £45k + Benefits.
Please contact Craig Grainger today for further information.