Do you have a history of delivering successful new products, leading innovation within the Food Industry?
Can you understand and translate a strong brand philosophy into new products?
Can you work cross functionally to ensure new products achieve all commercial targets?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading Branded Food Manufacturer on the search for a Product Creator. This is a permanent role based in Scotland.
As the Product Creator you will support the creation and development of authentic and innovative product experiences, meeting current and emerging consumer needs and brand standards, underpinned by technology and craftsmanship.
- Supporting the development of ambitious product development, from concept to launch, to meet or exceed the product and ingredient standards of equivalent mainstream branded leading products.
- Translate brand philosophy, product and consumer insights into superior new products that meet the project deliverables, and/or contribute to the creation and execution of a stronger business strategy.
- Continuously upskill and apply new industry and ingredient knowledge to products to enable us to be at the leading edge of product technology.
- Support and/or lead projects (as agreed with Line Manager)
- Responsible for OTIF delivery of the R&D input into agreed Innovation, Renovation, Quality and Value Improvement Projects.
- Work with internal/external partners to develop prototypes and agree specifications for ingredients, products and processes.
- Work with internal/external partners to validate product scaling on plant, taking appropriate action to identify and manage technical risk, timing constraints and ensure full transparency of the technical activities on the critical path/project network.
- Responsible for the timely R&D input into the required gatekeeping documentation and other relevant systems.
- Responsible to utilize experimental designs and scientific principles for recommendations and decisions. Ensure completion of development and commercialization success criteria in execution of project work using accepted documentation and work processes.
- Responsible to ensure project documentation and learnings are shared across our technical community in a timely manner.
- Ensure the correct allergen and traceability protocols are developed, reviewed, tested.
What we are looking for:
- Ingredient functionality; Planning/designing experimental activity; Data collection & analysis; Specifications
- Product development from concept to scaled finished product
- Aware of competitor products and consumer trends
- Communication skills, oral and written
- Time management and priority setting
- Project Management
- Collaborative working with procurement, production, quality, marketing and artwork teams
- Genuine love of/affinity with food
On offer is a competitive salary + benefits.
Please contact Anette Fink today for further information