Are you an ambitious and creative product/fashion designer?
Do you want to work for a leading online fashion retailer?
Do you have an exceptional portfolio of work and experience as a junior designer?
Macgregor Black are currently working with one of the fastest growing women's fashion brands in the UK, searching for a Product Designer. This position will be focused on developing the design and garment development for the company, working closely with the Creative, Commercial and Buying teams and suppliers to establish unique products which represent the brand. This role is based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
As a Designer/Product Developer you will be experienced with trend research and be able to translate this into wearable collections. You will have a portfolio that reflects your knowledge of shape design and fabrics showing hand drawing skills and photoshop/illustrator.
- Identify latest and next seasonal trends and ideas, formulating mood boards, design boards and colour trend boards
- Responsible for development of styles in accordance with the business and the customer requirements as well as submission and approval of all styles
- Responsible for identifying, sourcing and re-sourcing relevant fabrics. Travelling to Trade Shows, mills, meet with suppliers etc.
- Manage approved design work and the monitoring of the interpretations through testing, sample, fit and pre-production stages
- Developing new ranges to compliment and drive forward existing product
- Researching trends and taking inspiration from this to produce creative and innovative design
- Design and Develop products from conception to production and present ideas in meetings
- Commercially identify fabric/styles appropriate to the business in trend presentations
- Technical and fit expertise essential to create commercial garments
Who we are looking for:
- Self-motivated, confident and have excellent communication skills
- At least 3 years' experience in high street fashion and party wear design
- Excellent knowledge of young trends
- Fluency with Illustrator and photoshop
- Global Fabric sourcing knowledge essential
- Strong sketching ability and excellent presentation skills
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Being used to work in a fast pace environment
- Methodical with great attention to detail
Our client is offering a generous salary package with excellent additional benefits such as: 28 days holiday allowance, Fun days, celebrations and events, 30% staff discount, company pension and bonus scheme and more.
If you are an energetic, organised and creative individual and this role sounds like a good fit for you then please apply today.